Need help about Button switching

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
Ruifa

Hi to everyone,

Yesterday i have my first contact with QLC+ and i love it :D

I created my fixtures , scenes some chases but.... i created a Button and assigned a Chase to it than i created another Button and assigned to it other chase too...
I assigned first button to key 1 on my laptop and button 2 to key 2, now my question is, when i press key 1 i get the chase running but when i press key 2 i would like to stop whats running in the last key i pressed ( key 1) and start running only whats assigned to key 2 ( chase 2) im not being able to do this...wcan someone help me what i need to do?
I pretend in the future to select the Buttons with midi and not with the laptop keyboard but the same way i described right now.

Hope someone can give me a help,

Best regards to all

Ruifa
GGGss

Solo-frame will help you with this... http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcsoloframe.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Ruifa

HI GGGsss :D

I triyed yesyterday and it worked for Scenes but is not working for Chases...!?

Can you please tell me if im missing something more ? is possible to do the same with Chases ?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Ruifa
GGGss

If your button is in 'toggle mode' then the chase should start / stop with button pressed / released...
Are you shure your button is connected to the chaser?

Can you attach your project file so we can check?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Ruifa

Hi GGGsss thank you for your reply,

Here i send you two projects:

First:
Solo Frame + Cue List Solo frame keyboard shortcuts 1,2 Cue List 3

Second:
Cue List + Cue List Cue List keyboard shortcuts 3 and 4

As you can see i cant switch between them because one of them keep still running... in both examples... what im i doing wrong ?
When i only use Solo Frame with only scenes insede of it it works fine..!
I used computer keyboard instead of midi notes so you can try .... i dont know if you have a midi keyboard around :)

Best regards,

Ruifa
Attachments
test Solo Frame + Cue list.qxw
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
test Cue List + Cue list.qxw
(5.28 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
mlohrey

Hi Ruifa,

I am not exactly sure what you are are trying to do but if you want one thing to start and the other to stop, they all need to be in the solo frame.

I have modified your example with all elements in the solo frame.

Is that what you were looking for?

Cheers

Mark
test Solo Frame + Cue list.qxw
all elements in a solo frame
(6.25 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
test Cue List + Cue list.qxw
all elements in a solo frame
(5.84 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Ruifa

Hi mlohrey :)

Thank you for your explanation and examples, yes they are doing the way i need i just wonder if its possible when i trigger again the last cue that stopped at the beginning or middle it will re-start from beginning instead of continue from where it was left,,,, understand me ?
For now and for my work , i think it will do the job fine but just wonder if it can have a function to choose to continue or to re-start (instead of continue right now).

Best regards,

Ruifa
mlohrey

Hi Rafia,

Glad to hear they were of some use.

If you want the next chaser to start from the beginning rather than where it left of, then you need to push the stop button. (which can be done while the other one is running). It won't work with a keyboard short-cut though. I think this is because the focus in on the running cuelist and the active item is important to keyboard shortcuts. You can still assign keyboard shortcuts to stop the cuelist to reset it before switching.

Cheers

Mark