Brand Newbie-This is fun, because I'm completely lost!

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
eddieksongs

Hi friends! I just jumped into the world of DMX-my simple goal is to control some Mega Par Profile Plus lights via midi/Ableton.
I can usually figure stuff like this out pretty quickly, but this has me puzzled. Could someone share a previous post link and/or help me get started?
I have QLC+ downloaded, and it does work with my light using the ultraDMX Micro dongle. I just can't seem to figure out an easy way to get QLC & Ableton to communicate. So far, I have setup an IAC driver on my Mac-established the ins/outs on QLC+...is the next step an easy one?

I really appreciate the help-this stuff is exciting and daunting at the same time.
Cheers!
eddieksongs

Ok-I figured it out.

It was basically a trial and error type of discovery-but now I have Ableton session clips controlling my lights with QLC+ and an ultraDMXMicro USB adapter.

Please give me a shout if you need help setting this type of rig up-I only know the basics, but I did get my lights to fire up w/ Ableton & QLC+.
Cheers!
spannermatic

Hey,

Just read your post- cannot seem to get midi from ableton to qlc+ except when I play midi back I do get a midi pulse click track that 4/4

do you have any suggestions?

have attached screenshot of every preference that I went through

thx

spannermatic-screenshot.jpg
lerba

Do you see a blinking light in qlc when you launch a clip routed to the correct midi port? You know the midi port needs to be IAC in ableton. If you use a midi controller, set midi in to that controller and midi out to IAC. Also, you want to set in qlc input/output whether it should read note velocity, control change or program change information from the input. Hope this helps and please keep us posted.