QLC+ Web Interface With Mac OSX 10.75

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
Tracy

I've tried to get the QLC+ web interface activated a couple of times on my Mac using Terminal, but I'm getting "No Such File Or Directory" when I type in "QLC+.app\Contents\MacOS." The program is terrific... I'd like to run it via my tablet.

I renamed the file image "QLC+.DMG" (it previously had the version as part of the file name). Since my QLC+ program resides within my Applications folder, I've tried including the Applications directory within the command, still the same result. Assuming the image is "QLC+.dmg" residing within the Applications folder, can somebody please give me the exact terminal commands to get the web interface activated step by step? Thank you and happy holidays!
mcallegari

"QLC+.app\Contents\MacOS" is a directory within the bundle.
You need also to invoke the actual QLC+ binary, like this:

Code: Select all

QLC+.app\Contents\MacOS\qlcplus --web
Tracy

Hi Massimo,

Thank you for your help.

You know, I just copied and pasted that into my terminal. This is what I get: (see attached screenshot).

I hate to be a pain.

Tracy
Attachments
QLC.png
janosvitok

Hi,

most probably you need to use forward slashes ('/') instead of backslashes ('\').

Jano
Tracy

I did try using forward slashes and the "open" command. I could actually see the "Framework," MacOS, Plugins, Resources folders, but I couldn't get the program to open up and have the web server. Keeping at it.
mlohrey

Hi Tracy,

If you have installed QLC+ in your applications directory then use this terminal command:

/Applications/QLC+.app/Contents/MacOS/qlcplus -w

Otherwise, a neat way of specifying a file path in terminal is to drag and drop the location.

Right-click the QLC+ application and then choose 'show package contents' then navigate to >content > macOS and drag and drop the qlcplus application into new terminal shell. You can then add the -w.

You can now access the web interface at http://localhost:9999/ (localhost should work but it will depend on your hosts file. Sometimes they can get messed up. Use the ip of your mac otherwise.)

Cheers

Mark
Chris De Rock

Just seen this Thread and looking at the code... For Mac OS we can modify the Launcher, add an extra button "Launch with webaccess" and call "launchQLC(QApplication::arguments() << "--web"); ". i testet this and it works. Maybe we can add a Shortcut for windows user too
ralbrightii

Chris De Rock wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am Just seen this Thread and looking at the code... For Mac OS we can modify the Launcher, add an extra button "Launch with webaccess" and call "launchQLC(QApplication::arguments() << "--web"); ". i testet this and it works. Maybe we can add a Shortcut for windows user too
Could you elaborate on this a bit. please