Adding new fixtures to library?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
mitchmmiller

Hi all! Having a bugger of a time finding an answer to this:

I've created new fixtures in the QLC Fixture Definition Editor, but I don't know where to save the .qxf files so that they actually show up in dropdown menu when I go to add fixtures to a show. I can't even find where the fixture files are located on my mac. HALP PLEASE! :D
janosvitok

mitchmmiller

Looking over the link you provided (Thank you, I could not find those resources!) it looks like I'll have to move the files in the command prompt? I don't know OSX command usage, so I'll have to learn that. Is there no way to do it in Finder?
mlohrey

Hi Mitch,

In the finder under the go menu: Choose 'go to folder' and paste this ~/Library/Application Support/QLC+/fixtures

This is where the fixtures need to go.

The user library is hidden by default these days. You can un-hide the library if you want by navigating to your home directory in the finder and then choosing View>Show view options and clicking the appropriate box.

Cheers

Mark
ralbrightii

So I used QLC+ last year for a big production and it worked great!! However a month ago my laptop hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything. (Fortunately I had backups of a lot of my files). However when I went to install QLC+ no Application Support/QLC+ folder came into existence on my OSX laptop (running Yosemite). Even manually adding the folders didn't help.

What did help was browsing to the system folder of QLC+ (/Applicaitons/QLC+), right click on the app, "show package contents", then go to "Contents/Resources/Fixtures." From there I copied my custom fixtures into that folder. Relaunched Finder (hold option, right click on finder, click on relaunch), and then my custom fixtures showed up.

I have been bashing my head into the wall trying to get my custom fixtures loaded, and this was the ONLY thing that allowed them to show up. How frustrating. But at least I documented it for others to find.
mcallegari

What did help was browsing to the system folder of QLC+ (/Applicaitons/QLC+), right click on the app, "show package contents", then go to "Contents/Resources/Fixtures." From there I copied my custom fixtures into that folder. Relaunched Finder (hold option, right click on finder, click on relaunch), and then my custom fixtures showed up.
That is not supposed to be working !
Bundled fixtures are governed by "FixturesMap.xml" file and custom fixtures copied in the .app bundle should be ignored.
I think you're missing something in your explanation.