Style Sheets

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
DonCortez

Hi,

first of all let me say hello to the community - I'm new here. :)

After using QLC+ for some time now I wanted to create a custom style sheet for it, because in some situations I find the bright interface distracting.

I'm on OS X 10.11.6 and created the .qss file in the directory named in the manual. I even used the example code to test it.

But for some reason, the GUI does not change its appearance.
Probably there is already something wrong due to the installation, cause I had to generate the "QLC+" folder in "~Library/Application Support/..."

Best regards

P.S.: I'm using QLC+ 4.10.4
mlohrey

Hi Don,

Seems a bit odd that there isn't a QLC+ folder in application support. Are you sure you looked in the user library rather than the system library?

I am using QLC+ 10.4.4 on a mac and the folder exists.

Also, it is where QLC+ stores custom fixture definitions. I guess you could create a custom fixture and see what happens.
DonCortez

Hi,

thank you so much! This gave me a hint.

The path for the folder is not
"MacHD/Library/Application Support/QLC+"
but
"user/*username*/Library/Application Support/QLC+"

For some reason the needed "Library"-folder was hidden (probably because of OS X El Capitan).

For anybody else with the same problem:

You can show these hidden files by opening the terminal and typing in "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" -> then hit enter
After quitting the terminal you need to refresh the "Finder" by alt-rightclicking and choosing restart.

The folder should show up now.

If you want to hide the files again, do the same steps again but paste this into the terminal: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO"

Again thanks a lot!!!
mlohrey

No worries. I thought it might be something straight forward.

Another way to get to the 'hidden' library files is to use the finder menu item, GO>Go to folder option (shift-command-g) and type the file path..~/Library/Application Support/QLC+

I didn't know you could change the appearance of QLC+ using the method you are trying. I might give it ago sometime.

Cheers
Mark