QLC+ keeps resizing on me

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
ralbrightii

I have been working with QLC+ for about a month now and really do like it. There is one thing that is a bit aggravating that is driving me up the wall. When I select a function that has a lot of fixtures in it, the QLC+ window resizes beyond the boundary of my monitor. I am running a Macbook Pro with the resolution set to 1920x1080 (because when I do a show coming up, I will have the laptop connected to a TV set at that resolution.).

How do I get QLC+ to stop re-sizing the width of its window?

Thank you
bleurose

That has not been my experience with QLC+ 4.9.1 (which is what we have been using for a while... we haven't upgraded to 4.10 yet). What happens to me is that the row of tabs at the top of the scene window overflows the width of the screen and there appears a pair of arrows on the right end that let me pan back and forth between the fixture tabs. It is very difficult unfortunately because the labels become virtually unreadable unless you use extremely short cryptic names and numbers which are then ahrder to remember. The hover facility that displays the full label doesn't work too well for me so that isn't a great option. I wish it would let me tab throught the fixtures and display the full label somewhere in the window.
ralbrightii

I am using 4.10b, is that a bug then?
mcallegari

This is a OSX specific topic and 4.10b doesn't exist.
ralbrightii

I guess that is what I get for typing a post when I am tired. I meant to type 4.10.2b. (Sorry for the confusion :( )

SO is this then a bug?
mcallegari

Not quite a bug, but more how QLC+ 4 has been designed (not by me)
Lot of fixtures are not displayed well.

This will be addressed in QLC+ 5
Mysteryland

mcallegari wrote:This will be addressed in QLC+ 5
+1 on this!