Changing UDMX timing in the Windows Registry?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
cinepro

I'm having flickering problems with my UDMX adapter on Windows 10, and it sounds like I need to change the timing in the registry. Is there supposed to be a key to do that, and if so, where is it?
janosvitok

Create REG_DWORD 'frequency' in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\udmx and set it to desired freq.
I've attached file that sets it to defalt value (30). Rename to .reg and import to registry.

See http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html#uDMX and
Jano
Attachments
udmx-frequency.reg.txt
(276 Bytes) Downloaded 651 times
OlivilO

Hi,

I'm very intersted in this question.

I use a french device as USB DMX :
http://www.boutique-electroconcept.com/ ... -wifi.html
I can use it with a USB cable or with art net.
The problem is this device use 30Hz for DMX frequency. Sometimes I have something like 10 seconds latency. With the cable it's only from time to time (frightening!) but I can't do nothing if I use WiFi, I have to wait 10sec or more.
Then I want to change the frequency parameters for USB device and for ArtNet too.
I would like to use ArtNet to avoid USB cable so that I can use an aquapack to protect my computer. I'm lightening a 2,5km long outdoor show. And QLC+ is perfect for this. I would like to try it for real.
I use a Surface 3 as a computer with windows 10.

Sereval questions :
1 Which frequency do I have to change for USBDMX? uDMX or DMX USB Enttec Open frequency? (Sorry for that question...). I've used this installer to get the right driver :
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21214_Setup.exe
2 If I change only the "master timer frequency" will it change all the other frequencies (uDMX, USBDMX and Art net)? Is it a good solution for me?
3 Is ArtNet drive by the master timer frequency?
3 When I open
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus
there is no udmx key neither enttecdmxusbopen folder or mastertimer. Do I have to create it? Can I create directly from regedit using right click, then new "key", rename it as "udmx" (for example), then right click on it, choose "new", DWORD (32 bit) then recall it "frequency" and give it decimal value "25" (I want 25Hz). I ask this because I don't know how to import your file to registry... Hum, sorry for that.

I hope you will understand this special homemade english.
Thanx for reading.
OlivilO

ok double click to import...
So, I've created 3 files udmx-frequency.reg , enttecdmxusbopen-frequency.reg and mastertimer-frequency.reg . All set to "25" (decimal ("19" hexa).
Double click on all.
I go check.
OlivilO

Ok it works.
I can use ArtNet.
:D
But I still don't know what I've done...
I understand for enttec. But not for udmx and mastertimer.
Which parameter changes ArtNet frequency? Does master timer change all the frequency?
Anyone to answer me?
Anyway thanks for qlc+ and its forum.
plugz

USB plugins frequencies are independent from the MasterTimer frequency, because specific timings have to be respected in order to not break communication with the USB devices.

In the current implementation, ArtNet frequency is the same as the MasterTimer frequency.

So:

EntecOpenDmx frequency will change the output frequency for OpenDmx devices. From the description on the electroconcept site, your device is an opendmx.

uDMX frequency will change the output frequency from uDMX devices.

MasterTimer frequency will change the global computing rate of QLC+, and the output rate of most network-based protocols. This includes ArtNet.
OlivilO

Thank you very much!