DMX output blacks out when MIDI is connected

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Johtus

to make live show a bit easier i have purchased a simple midi pad with faders. Normally QLC works fine and everything does what i want when i want. (at least most of the time). But when i connect my midi pad everything goes black. I have now set the midi pad as input on universe 1, and uDMX as output. I made a device profile as it was not in there. In the virtual console page i have set up a couple faders which is configured to work with the faders on the pad. the fader in QLC (both the ones i made in virtual console and the ones in simple desk) move when i move my faders on the pad so everything should work, or at least so i thought. nothing happens on my lights. when i disconnect the usb for my pad everything works as it should.
have anyone else experienced this before? or does anyone know what i have done wrong? I am pretty new to the QLC software, and i have never used MIDI before, so please explain in a simple way :roll:
siegmund

It is recommended to separate DMX and MIDI universes, so try setting the MIDI pad as input on universe 2.
GGGss

and I can add that when everything is configured and you connect your midi device ... the 'busses' are reset and everything goes dark. WAD Works As Designed... an input device should be active before you start QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Johtus

Thank you for the replies :D everything started working randomly, so all sorted for now, but I will take your input to consideration if I get any more issues. :)