Chasers not working the same

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
EBDS

Hi folks. I have been out of the QLC+ world for a while. I spent some time programming with MyDMX 3.0. This thread is not about that but suffice to say that software has the best effects generator I've seen anywhere, but every other aspect of the software is sub-par to QLC+. So I am now preparing to rebuild my entire show again in QLC+. A ton of work but well worth it. I'm back :-).

So here's the thing. The last time I was using it, I was on version 4.10.5b and everything in my show was working perfectly. I decided to upgrade to the latest version today, which for me has never been an issue in the past. However, I have noticed that my chasers are not working correctly now. I hit a virtual console button for the chaser, the first step engages and then nothing, it all goes off.

There is probably a lot of documentation I need to read between versions 4.10.5b and the current version. But for the moment someone tell me what's changed that my chasers don't work anymore? Also, could you please tell me what those extra things are that appear on all my Virtual Console faders (double line and box with "X" in it at bottom)?

Please don't say 'read the manual'. I intend to do exactly that. But I don't have time to read the whole manual again right now so I am hoping one of you experienced people will just help me with the two above questions to hold me over until I can read the manual again.

Thanks in advance everyone. Good to be back in QLC+-land.

Rob
kenact

Hi Rob,

First, can you post your environment?

Next, can you share your project?
EBDS

Not positive what you mean exactly by environment. QLC+ running on Windows 10 laptop with all latest maintenance. Configuration file attached. That file can show you what fixtures I have but I will summarize:

Chauvet 4-Bar Tri (2)
Chauvet Scorpion Storm FX RGB (2)
American DJ Ultrabar 12 (2)
American DJ Ninja 5RX (2)
Chauvet Freedom Par Quad-4 (24 in 4 groups)
Slimpar 56 (2)

Show and additional fixture definitions are attached.
Attachments
Chauvet-EZpar-56-RGB.qxf
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
American-DJ-Ninja-5RX.qxf
(7.6 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
EBDS Default.qxw
(246.94 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
GGGss

Welcome back

* Chasers and sequences were changed internally (a step in chase was a cue - now a hidden one) -> existing projects have to be converted through the tool on the website
* 2 lines & X on the faders are brought into life mostly for the LTechs in traditional setup (manually switching from one cue to the next) and on top of that the feedback from motorized faders catching up on the set values. Some like it some don't.
This in very little words - you'll have to catch up on reading (I think you won't need this last functionality)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore