Lucid DMX box - Not found

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
kmplayers

New to the board.. apologies if this is covered elsewhere. A search of Lucid came up empty:

We have a new Lucid DMX controller, and all Blizzard fixtures. Using QLC+ 4.11.0, and the DMX USB is not an option in the in/out panel.
Checked windows, and it appears correctly in Device Manager. (to my knowledge, fixture supplier installed the drivers on our comp.. as Blizzard light software is working properly).

Has anyone worked with this box? Brand new system install, so we're trying to use QLC+ rather than Lucid software.
Looking for any insights. Thank you.

Tom
bschafer

Hi Tom!

Did you ever figure out if you could use the Lucid adapter. I have the same issue

Bob
lighthacker2020

I have to imagine that this is hardware similar to the American DJ MyDMX Buddy or Chauvet Xpress hardware, which only work with the software from the vendor. The driver for these are proprietary and lock you in to their own solutions (and in the case of the American DJ stuff, you get to pay extra ... every year... if you want more than 128 DMX channels!).

Once I discovered QLC+ and bought a DMXking UltraDMX Micro USB dongle, I realized what a trap those solutions from the "big name" vendors can be.