Small Computer Idea - LattePanda

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
cas

Hi All, sorry to be a pain, I know that the Odroid XU4 will not work according to the last post, but will this work as it runs full Windows 10, all that will be installed is drivers for Open Enttec DMX Adapter, and QLC+ software, no internet at the moment, as will use memory stick.

As looking at making a custom console with an old HDMI 15" monitor and AKAI MIDI Controller with Bluetooth Keyboard and Touch pad, this has to be portable/lightweight.
The lighting rig is minimalist, (6 LEDs (6 ch), 2 LED (4ch), 3 Generic Dimmer lights, 1 Generic Dimmer Followspot and 1 Moving Head Spot. (13 fixtures in total) with the aspects of editing/recording scenes and show playback, primarily myself will be using this.

Can get this without a licence for £70.00 from RS or £95 with licence already.

Processor Module
• 1.8GHz Intel Atom X5-Z8300 64-bit Quad-Core microprocessor
• 2GB DDR3L SDRAM
• 32GB eMMC Flash memory
• Intel HD Graphics GPU
• 16MHz ATmega32U4 MCU with 32KB Flash memory, 2.5KB RAM, 1KB EEPROM

Board Features
• LattePanda Processor module
• WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless module
• USB-A socket for USB 3.0 SS connection
• 2 x USB-A sockets for USB 2.0 connection
• Micro-USB socket for board power supply
• HDMI video output socket
• MIPI-DSI FPC connector for 7in accessory LCD panel
• FPC connector for accessory touch-screen overlay
• RJ45 socket for 10/100 Ethernet LAN
• 3.5mm audio headphone jack socket
• MicroSD card slot
• Power On/Off pushbutton
• Separate Reset pushbuttons for Atom and Arduino
• Power On LED
• 4-pin header for +5V supply to optional cooling fans (CN2)
• Power supply: +5Vdc @ 2.5A (Not supplied)
• Dimensions: 88 x 70mm
Baer

I was going to test the LattePanda anyway with QLC+4, so if you can give ma a few weeks a can share my results with you.

Also theese guyes look somehow promissing:
https://shop.udoo.org/x86.html
And can be found in a similar price range like the LattePanda, but currently difficult to order.
cas

no problem, I was planning on starting about October if this work to create a custom console. for QLC4 plus AKAI Midi controller faders.
Baer

I started evaluating the LattePanda with QLC+4 this weekend and wan't to share my first results:

I used a LattaPanda with 2GB Ram and 32Gb Storage with Pre-Installed Win10 which was already lying around

Installing and starting QLC+ worked without any Problems.

I did some longterm stability tests (12h), looping a que list featuring 2 Output universies (where universe 1 contained 6 moving Heads (2x30Ch 4x16Ch) and the other universe contained about 60 normal Dimming Channels, both on ArtNet Output, monitoring the output with QLC+ internal monitor and tracking sent Data on Desktop PC
In the first try i discovered some stability issues, (input lags for example) because the cpu got very hot. After appliying a fan for cooling this effects where gone.

For lager rigs with more universies, or if you are going the edit your shows in the LattePanda i would recomend the version with 4GB of Ram, because Windows is already eating about 1.4GB of the 2GB availabile, leaving very low space for QLC.
CPU speed seems not to be an issue.

Next step is to test midi input in general and if working starting againg longterm run with randomly testing inputs after each hour.

I also ordered The Advanced Plus version of the udoo board, but hasn't arrived yet :(