Light Strobing Will Not Turn Off

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
schneb

I do not know if this is a bug, nor can I find it in the documentation.

I created a new fixture with the Fixture Editor. It all works great. However, during a scene in my show, I have the light strobe running (it has three channels for settings). When the end of the scene takes place, the strobing does not turn off. When the show is not running, if I select the scene, the strobe starts up, but when I click away, it keeps running. The RGBW and Dimmer turn off correctly. I checked the DMX monitor and it shows that the 3 strobe channels are not turning off.

To remedy this, I have created an ALL OFF scene where all the components are selected and the faders are zero. Another way I have been able to stop it is by adding another chaser step at the end with everything turned off. That works too. These do the trick, but I would like the strobe to turn off when the scene ends or when I deselect it. Is there a way?

If this is a bug, let me know and I will submit it accordingly. Thanks!
janosvitok

This is consequence of how LTP is implemented.

This is candidate for FAQ - search forum for LTP or "Latest Takes Precedence".
schneb

I thought that only occurs when there are two functions used at once? The strobing continues even though it ends and all tracks are empty.

I will refresh myself on HTP and LTP anyway.
janosvitok

LTP is in QLC+ is implemented in a way that there is no "default" value that will be set when LTP function is stopped.
The Latest is implemented as Latest :) so it stays on and you have to set the default value yourself.

It would be nice if QLC+ returned to previous value when LTP is stopped, but so far there was no time to implement.
It has some edge cases that must be solved, like what to do when to EFXs are running - whether both are interleaved,
or only the one that was started latest is output.
schneb

Ahh, thank you janosvitok. My current solutions seem to do the trick. Appreciate the input and further homework in the FAQ.