Getting Video to Play

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
schneb

One of the things that really excited me about Q was the ability to synchronize music, video, and DMX commands. I was able to get the music channel to play, but every time I import a video, it appears as if it is 6 seconds long in the timeline, shows a duration of zero in its details, and does not play at all. I tried an MP4 and AVI to no avail.

Could someone please help guide me in to how to get the video to play? Thanks in advance!!
schneb

In the code, my wav file will play fine. It will also display its duration (although in the XML, it shows zero)
The video files continue to display a resolution of 0x0 and a duration of 0 no matter what I do. Here is the code from the XML

Code: Select all

<Function ID="1" Type="Video" Name=" Ghost Bride 1">
   <Speed FadeIn="0" FadeOut="0" Duration="0"/>
   <RunOrder>SingleShot</RunOrder>
   <Source>Ghost-Bride.mp4</Source>
  </Function>
I thought maybe it was because I did not have VLC installed, so I installed it. Sorry to say, that did not work either.
schneb

I was able to get one video to play. It was an MPG file. It seems MOV, AVI, and MP4s will not work for some reason.
sbenejam

What OS are you using?
schneb

I am on a fairly new Dell running the latest Windows 10. I have a Mac as well, but feel I might do better doing this on Windows. I am currently waiting for USB to DMX converter to come in the mail.
schneb

Found the problem. QLC+ will not recognize or play MPEG4 or even MPEG2... but only MPEG1. This is not a deal breaker for me, but it sure would be more convenient if QLC+ were to recognize MPEG4 since it has been such a defacto codec for so many years.
mcallegari

Not sure, but I think this depends on the codecs Windows Media player recognizes. You might need to install some extra codec package.
Please don't tell me VLC can play everything, cause it has its own codec and has nothing to do with WMP.
schneb

It is a fairly new Dell, so that might be the case. I do have Qucktime and VLC installed. I will look in to finding other codecs to Install and see if that helps. If you know of any, would appreciate a link.
mcallegari

Alright, I've seen the problem and I also resolved it.
As I suspected, you need to install extra codec, as I mentioned earlier.

Download and install K-Lite package (basic will do): http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

I'm gonna add this to the documentation Q&A page
schneb

Excellent, thank you!! Downloaded the basic pack below...
http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-li ... _basic.htm

I tried a test and it worked perfectly. Greatly appreciate your help and direction, Massimo!!