Runs QLC+ for Windows on an CPU that doesn´t support the "SSE2 Instruction Set Extension"?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
PeterK

I´ve tried to start qlc+ on an Windows-XP-Laptop (AMD mobile Athlon 2GHz CPU). The follwing error occurs: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001e)".

It seems that this runtime-error is caused by QtLib because the CPU doesn´t support SSE2: Only under Windows. QLC+ works fine on the same machine on an Linux-Partition.

How could this problem be solved? ...only by changing the CPU ;-)
Baer

Had a look into the windows error codes:
Your error code means: {Invalid Lock Sequence} An attempt was made toexecute an invalid lock sequence

So seems probably some multithreding/synchornization issue and not SSE related...
plugz

PeterK wrote:AMD mobile Athlon 2GHz CPU
Can you elaborate ? Which processor exactly ?
PeterK wrote:the CPU doesn´t support SSE2
Are you sure ?
PeterK wrote:How could this problem be solved? ...only by changing the CPU ;-)
I think you mean "without changing the CPU". Well, change the OS, since you've said it works on linux :)
PeterK

I have just installed Windows Vista for testing. No additional programs except QLC+. The same problem: Qt5Core.dll generates the Windows-Error "c000001e".

The CPU is an AMD Athlon XP mobile "Barton". The entire Athlon processor family supports SSE, but not SSE2.
janosvitok

It seems that qt indeed requires sse2, starting with 5.3.
So your choices are:
- linux
- older qlc+ that uses qt < 5.3
- compile qt and qlc+ yourself. Not easy but doable
- compile qlc+ with qt 5.2 (not sure if the latest code is still compatible with 5.2)
PeterK

Thanks for the quick replies. Perhaps the problem could be solved with the next version...

By the way: A great program.
janosvitok

PeterK wrote:Perhaps the problem could be solved with the next version...
It's not so easy: the problem is, that QT (http://qt.io), the library that QLC+ is built on, stopped supporting those processors since version 5.3.
Current version is 5.7. "Stopped supporting" means that official QT builds/installers are compiled/configured in a way that doesn't work on these processors.
To make QLC+ work on them, one must basically make own QT installer configured differently. I don't know how much it takes (Massimo already does something similar for Raspberry) but we can assume it's one or two days full time. The library is huge.

When you have QT, you need to create special installer compiled with that special version of QT. This time maybe 1-3 hours + some testing.

So the point is, it is possible to create QLC+ installation that runs without SSE2, but it takes quite a lot of time. Either you have to try it, or find someone willing to do it.
mcallegari

Or install MSYS2 and force pacman to retrieve Qt 5.3, then build QLC+ with the Wiki instructions.
If I had to do it, I would do it like that