Parameters Tuning

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
mge

I compared DMXControl, PCDimmer and QLC+ some hours and I decided to work with QLC+.
We want to use it in a church via DMX-USB plugin. Everything is working so far. Many thanks for this wonderful tool and all tutorials and this Forum.
Now I have the following question regarding Parameters Tuning in Windows registry for DMX-USB:
I want to minimize CPU usage for the Interface because the used Notebook has to do someting more.
For this I added the necessary keys for frequency and channels in the Windows registry.
Changing the frequency works as I can see the difference on the TX-Led of the converter. In Addition QLC+ shows the frequency in the Input window.
But I wasn't able to set the channels. We have only 5 LED lamps - therefore I tried values of 256, 64, 32. But nothing changed.
I did not try older versions of QLC+. Is the channels setting perhaps fix in the actual version?
Thanks for help!
janosvitok

With 5 LED lights, most probably you don't need to worry, unless the computer is really slow.

When you change the UDBDMX frequency, it may make sense to change QLC+ master frequency
as well (the former says how often data is sent to DMX cable, the latter how often it is computed).

Nevertheless, first measure how much CPU QLC+ actually takes (TaskManager/Details or PerfMon) and only then decrease the frequency.
Lower frequency means less the fades are less smooth.

Channel count: you can set arbitrary number; use your actual channel count (or few channels more for the case you need to add something).
I've looked at the code ad it should work, although I didn't check with actual device.
mge

Thanks Janos for your answer - only some hours after posting my question!
OK - you're right: I will check the CPU usage and then decide what to do. I will check the master frequncy as well.
Regarding the channels Setting:
Below you can see my registry Setting. This should be right, or?
I think the sequence of the Parameters doesn't matter.
Thanks for your help!! :)
Registry-DMX-Settings.JPG