Build problem on Mint 18.2

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
CaravelleProject

Hello,

I'm the co-founder of a small theater company based in France and I'm exploring options to improve our show-running set up. I'd like to try out QLC+.

The QLC+ .deb doesn't install on Mint, so I built it first from the GitHub repository, then from the source for the latest release downloaded from the website. I made sure all pre-requisites were installed and the build seemed to complete properly, same with installation. However, when I either run the installed version of qlcplus or run 'qlcplus-QLC-_4.11.1/main/qlcplus' I get the following output:
qlcplus: error while loading shared libraries: libqlcplusengine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This happens with both the git nightly and the latest release.

I run Linux Mint Cinnamon 32-bit.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

I'd appreciate it.
mcallegari

Mint 18.2 is based on Ubuntu 16.04, so you can use OBS builds: https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... lcplus-qt5

By the way, installing a 32bit Linux distro in 2017 is quite a bad idea. Consider moving to 64bit.
CaravelleProject

Thanks for responding Massimo.

I've installed it and will be taking a closer look over the next week or so. On first glance, it's very impressive.

Also thanks for the advice on joining 2017. I'll look into 64-bit. I decided on a 32-bit system four years ago when I bought my current laptop because I had the impression that I was a little short on RAM for 64-bit (a bit under 4 gigs) and because I was running a fair number of programs through wine, and that seemed to be difficult in 64-bit systems back then. Then, once I had a working system, I didn't feel like rocking the boat.