No control of a single LED light

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
SeeYou2410

I have installed QLC+ on Ubuntu and very impressed, although confounded as it's capabilities are way beyond a simple system for our amdram group. To test the set up - I obtained a KMTronic USB>DMX512 interface. On the inputs/outputs screen it has detected the device correctly and I can see a
the DMX led flash - when polling and it is returning the title and status as this appears in the input/output screen :
DMX USB
This plugin provides DMX output support for DMXKing ultraDMX range, Enttec DMX USB Pro, Enttec Open DMX USB, FTDI USB COM485 Plus1, Vince USB-DMX512 and compatible devices.

No input support available.
1: KMtronic DMX Interface
Device is operating correctly.
Driver in use: libFTDI
Protocol: DMX4ALL DMX-USB (Output)
Manufacturer: KMtronic
Serial number: AL1KIQ6

The interface didn't come with a DMX socket - just a terminator block to which I wired a DMX output socket - though I understand that pins 2 & 3 define the polarity so they may be back to front? - I have them as 3 is +ve.
I plugged in a Stairville Mini Stage Par 4x8W QLC RGBA/RGBW, but it wasn't on the list of Stairville LEDs so it has selected Quad Par Profile RGBW 5x8W as the nearest equivalent - channels 1-4.
The fixture is in Universe 1, so to test it I am selecting Simple Desk and trying to control the light but nothing is happening - just the regular status polls to the USB/DMX box.
I am an experienced coder tho' now retired, BUT I am a complete novice with complex lighting desks - so I would be grateful for any advice.
The Add files refused to load the *.conf files so I just changed the suffix to .txt
Yours faithfully
SeeYou
Attachments
Q Light Controller Plus.txt
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Fixture Definition Editor.txt
(876 Bytes) Downloaded 113 times
mcallegari

Most likely the error is
Protocol: DMX4ALL DMX-USB (Output)
For some reason, it seems QLC+ detects your interface as a DMX4ALL compatible adapter.
KMtronic has a page dedicated to the old QLC configuration, it looks like you need to force the protocol to "Enttec Open DMX USB"
SeeYou2410

Thank you very much for the response. I will test this out today.

Regards
Charles Upton
mcallegari

No problem.
If it works, please let me know, so I will add the interface to the supported hardware list with a note to force the protocol