Password protecting QLC+ web interface?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
Grzegorz

Hello
Is it possible to password protect the web interface of QLC+ please?
I need to connect Raspberry Pi machine to corporate network and block web access.
Thank you
mcallegari

Hi, at the moment there isn't such functionality, sorry.

Maybe you can give the RPi a static IP address outside the corporate network mask, reachable only with a specific route that you can set only when needed.
MontyZuma

Since you are running Linux on Pi you could use iptables to restrict web access to your management station:

Code: Select all

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 9999 -s <your_ip> -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 9999 -j DENY
The first rule (replace <your_ip> with the IP of your management station!) jumps directly to ACCEPT - allowing the computer with this IP to connect and communicate with port 9999. All other computers do not match that rule so that they hit the second rule - which is to deny any communication on port 9999 (and answer any try with an ICMP Port Denied Message).

Since you wrote you are in a corporate network I hope all IPs are fixed - so you could add a startup script containing those two lines.

I don't have the time to test that now - but it's so simple that I'm pretty sure it will work. If you're intrested in packet filtering, read the full documentation on netfilter/iptables on http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/ ... HOWTO.html

If not, I'm sure those two lines will suffice ;).

klaus
Grzegorz

Hi
That is great idea! Will investigate. Thank you for your help. Much appreciate.