qlcplus standalone on Ubuntu

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
mouzzikos

Hello there qlc users and developers , i have a question. How can i run qlcplus after booting ubuntu 16.4 , without any other windows or menus. ( i've tryied many ways but i havent made it yet ). Please give me some ...lights :)
siegmund

Hey,

I think you'll need qlcplus as a startup application. Have a look at this link for explanation: https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-he ... tions.html

Regards,
siegmund
mouzzikos

No this is not what i am trying to do. I would like to have qlcplus running standalone without anything else on ubuntu, without windows or menus, just like the rassberry pi build that runs after bootup.
janosvitok

Raspberry image contains specially compiled QLC+ that uses specially compiled QT that runs directly on OpenGL (without any window system).
Some of the information needed to compile QT is here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html
After you install QT, you need to compile QLC+ https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -build-Qt5 - this howto is written for normal XWindows QT, you need to adjust some parts.
After you install QLC+ you need to make it start at boot. Siegmund told you how to do it.

Alternatively, you may want to start normal QLC+ under normal window system in kiosk.

If you can't or don't know how to compile QT and QLC+, if you tell us what are you trying to do, there may be another solution.

Jano
mcallegari

I'm not sure this forum is the right place to have such discussion, as not stricly related to QLC+.
This is more like a "how do I build things in Linux ?" and "how do I create a Linux image ?", which Google can indeed answer.

@jano: btw, there is nothing special in the QLC+ build on the RPi. It's exactly what comes from GIT (obviously cross compiled for ARM), but it adapts at runtime for some last minute tweaks (e.g. overscan)
janosvitok

@massimo: I know; but I suppose you need to recompile it against the non-X QT libs.
mouzzikos

well, kiosk sound a good idea but it's not what i exactly want to do. I like the idea of the Command-Line Parameter -n or --nogui , its sound great but it works only in RPi.
what i'm trying to do is having a linux pc running ONLY qlc when powering it on , couse i want to make a complete digital lighting desk in a all-in-one box for my electronics university graduating project . So thats why i want to have this machine running only qlc+ on my screen when booting .

p.s. Right now i got a netbook , running QLC+ , QT5 , on ubuntu 16.4
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote:@massimo: I know; but I suppose you need to recompile it against the non-X QT libs.
X or non-X doesn't make any difference to QLC+. It's always qmake+make ;)
mouzzikos

i made iiiiiittttt!!!!!