Entec OpenDMX USB

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
audioasche

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get my Entec OpenDMX USB working (I am now wishing I had gotten the pro.) I am in the FTDI FT Prog trying to get it to work. Before using the utility it would work most of the time. Now I don't get it as an option even when refreshing the DMX USB Plugin.

I am using the newest version of VLC+ 64 for Linux on Linux Mint with a Lenovo t420. I am also getting the results when using my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with the standard QLC+ for raspberry pi image.
audioasche

After many attempts to get settings that work well with my Lenovo t420 running Linux Mint 17.3 64 bit and QLC+ I have found setting that have worked well with five hours of programming. I by no means know if these are the best or safe setting so please comments with your recommendations.

The magnifying class will look for any devices. Note that I am not trying to use more than on OpenDMX USB at a time.

In FT_Prog I have the FT232R chip set to Bus powered at 90 mAmps which I believe was that standard power. I also have USB Remote Wakeup on.

The USB String Descriptions I am using the
Manufacturer: FTDI
Product Description: FT232 USB Serial (UART) IC
Serial Number Enabled: Yes
Auto Generate Serial Number: Yes
Serial Number Prefix: 22

Hardware Specific I have
Use External Oscillator: No (I believe that this will make the device no sync and thus no output anything. I haven't confirmed and really don't want to do so)
High Current I/O's: Yes
Load D2XX Driver: Yes

After the setting are place I was able to use the Lighting Bolt icon to program the device.