Help with Enntec USB Pro - Install in Linux Mint

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
keithsplace

Ok I'm a newb to all Linux ok.... Been using Linux Mint for a few months installed 17.3 KDE desktop on an old IBM P4 with 2GB RAM
And Cinnamon on a newer Toshiba laptop that runs it really well.
I have the desktop here to test out things and experiment..ok I've loaded 4 different distros of Mint and Lubuntu on SSD's IDE's and experimented a lot.
My issue is I need some instructions on how to get my Enntec USB Pro installed on Mint. I have QT 4.8.6 installed and seems to work.
I just don't know how to get the USB connected with QT like it does with FreeStyler in windows.
Is there a driver I need to install for Linux Mint to see the Enntec USBPro ?
plugz

Hello,

- What does "get the USB connected with QT" mean ? Are you talking about Qt or QLC+ ?

- You don't have to install anything, your USB Pro should work out of the box.
keithsplace

plugz wrote:Hello,

- What does "get the USB connected with QT" mean ? Are you talking about Qt or QLC+ ?

- You don't have to install anything, your USB Pro should work out of the box.

Yes QLC..
Not sure what you mean by work out of the box..
I have used it with Windows and it takes a setting and to find out which USB port your using and to set Freestyler to use that one and then it works.
I don't know how to do find that under Mint, and I don't see any LED light or blink of the USB Pro when I plug it in to any USb port.
mcallegari

As David said, normally in Linux you don't have to install anything extra.

You're probably running into the famous 'udev0' issue, which affects users on recent distributions.
I can't find the relevant post in this forum, but if you search for "udev0" you will find the package you need to install.

Otherwise I suggest you to give a try to one of the OBS versions: links in the download page

Note: topic moved in the usage/Linux section