[SOLVED] Korg NanoKontrol 2 configuration issues

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
citymariner

Hello all,

I've recently got a NanoKontrol 2 but I'm having difficulty getting it work.

I can map the buttons and I've managed to set a slider to be the GM. However, trying to setup slider 2 to control the intensity of some of my widgets is proving difficult.

I'm also getting no feedback via the LEDs even though I've tuned them to being external in the Korg Software.

In the Input/output tab I've selected the KNK2 to be the input and set the profile to 'NanoKontrol 2'

Anything else I need to be looking at? Is it a setting in the Korg software?

Running QLC+ on a MacBook Air (bootcamped to Windows 10) I've attached my .qxw if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Attachments
Festival.qxw
(81.63 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
plugz

Hello,

You have put nanoKontrol2 as input and DMXUSB as output on universe 1.

What you should do is have a separate universe for input and output, this way you should be able to activate the feedback for the LEDs.

Something like this:
Universe 1 - DMX USB OUTPUT
Universe 2 - nanoKontrol2 INPUT + nanoKontrol2 FEEDBACK

This should fix the feedback issue.

Next, for this:
citymariner wrote:However, trying to setup slider 2 to control the intensity of some of my widgets is proving difficult.
Can you explain us precisely what you've tried to assign the slider 2 to a VC widget ?
Also, have you tried assigning slider 1 to a VC widget other than the GM ? Does it work ?
citymariner

Hello,

Firstly, many thanks for the Universe fix. I know have LEDs on he nanokontrol working - although they don't seem to turn off when I turn off the collection/ chaser?

In terms of the sliders:

a slider set to 'submaster' and when assigned to slider 1 it works fine controlling the intensity of my RGB matrix settings (the ones at the bottom of my VC), when I assign and set to Slider two - it no longer works. I presume this is a mapping problem?

Many thanks for your time in replying,

Josh
citymariner

Digging deeper:

Auto detect channel for Slider 1 = 514
Auto detect for Slider 2 = 154
Auto detect for Slider 3 = 155

That seems a weird numbering system?
janosvitok

citymariner

Ahh OK, so QLC+ is seeing Slider 1 as a pitch wheel - it seems I can associate Slider 1 to any slider and it works fine, but not for any other slider.

Am I going to have to totally remap the NanoKontrol or is there a setting somewhere that will help me in the Korg software?
Seems strange that a profile tht has been made for the NanoKontrol 2 would be wrong so I'm thinking it is more down to Korg Software??

Thanks for your reply.
citymariner

Issue Fixed:

Turns out it was a driver problem, as soon as I had reinstalled and then released I could write scene data all was good and it was picking up the correct channels.

Thanks for everyone's help, it has ultimately help me problem solve and remove a few variables!