Lemur OSC compatibility

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Sqeegie

I have recently downloaded Lemur in the hopes of it being able to work fully with QLC+, I noticed it only comes up with channel 21002 when I have it connected and any fader I have worked with only comes up with that channel. Might there be some compatibility for it in the future, or might I be programming my console incorrectly? I like its versatility and the fact I'm not tethered to a computer to create my own desk. Any ideas would be extremely helpful. Thank you!
mcallegari

I downloaded Lemur on OSX, but I have no time to learn how it works.

Can you please attach here your Lemur project so I can reproduce the issue you're seeing ?
Sqeegie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvukfmjsxb44c ... .jzml?dl=0

The particular file type will not let me attach. I hope this works. I apologize for the late response. I've tried to customize the address in it. But I just can't seem to figure it out. I appreciate your help!
psyka

Hi,

I have the same problem now.
Lemur work with QLC + until v4.8.3 or 4.8.5 (I don't remenber exactly which one). With the new release that don't work and I don't know why :(
darrow

Bug confirmed. Still present in 10.8.3.

LEMUR has another problem when using OSC as an output (not feedback). QLC+ outputs messages like this: /1/dmx/0 <float>
LEMUR assumes that /1/ addresses a container named "1" but it is not possible to name a container with single digits.

I love LEMUR but I found it much easier to use MIDI outputs from QLC.
mcallegari

darrow wrote:Bug confirmed. Still present in 10.8.3.
What is 10.8.3 ? A Mountain Lion version ?
darrow wrote:LEMUR has another problem when using OSC as an output (not feedback). QLC+ outputs messages like this: /1/dmx/0 <float>
LEMUR assumes that /1/ addresses a container named "1" but it is not possible to name a container with single digits.
Then have you tried to use a QLC+ universe 10+ ?

How the heck do I connect Lemur to QLC+ ??
I asked for instructions and I got a project that I'm not able to use :(

I started the Lemur daemon, then the Lemur editor with the project above.
Every time I try to connect to "a Lemur" it says host busy and to check the address.

I need step by step instructions ! again, I don't have time to learn Lemur or to search on 1000 forums how to do a OSC connection
If you want my help, then help me.
darrow

Sorry. Temporary brain freeze. 4.10.3
Then have you tried to use a QLC+ universe 10+ ?
That's an idea. I will try it.
I started the Lemur daemon, then the Lemur editor with the project above.
Every time I try to connect to "a Lemur" it says host busy and to check the address.
You don't need the daemon for OSC. It's only for MIDI. It works like the touchOSC midi bridge but you have to link it to loopmidi/loopbe or whatever you are using.

To use LEMUR via OSC:
Start LEMUR on your tablet. Go to More settings ... It will show your LEMUR IP and port (usually 8000).
Now you have to set up your OSC target by entering your host address. Default LEMUR output port is 9000. Obviously this is your QLC+ input port.
LEMUR must be running on your tablet before the editor can find it.

Hope this helps.
mcallegari

Start LEMUR on your tablet.
That's the missing link.
I don't have Lemur on my tablet and as far as I can see it costs 24,99€, which I don't want to spend right now. (maybe later)

I thought the Lemur Editor on Mac had also a "run mode" to test the layout.
Pity.

By the way, in the editor I saw there's an OSC option on each control which is something like "limit range: 0 1". It sounds to me like forcing Lemur to send OSC floats, which is what QLC+ wants. Have you guys tried it ? It might be as easy as that.

Otherwise, go to the forum and grab the latest test version
I've built them with debug messages on, so open a terminal on your Mac, and type:

Code: Select all

QLC+.app/Contents/MacOS/qlcplus -d
Start sending messages from Lemur and paste here the log you see.
darrow

I don't have a MAC. Did you build a Windows debug version?
darrow

This is from the LEMUR forum. The poster is referring to LEMUR output to a Behringer X32 digital mixer

"So far, I have been able to get TouchOSC to work perfectly, but Lemur will not work.
After lot's of trial and error, I now see that Lemur and TouchOSC are indeed sending the same exact message, but Lemur is packaging that message into a OSC Bundle while TouchOSC is just sending the message (/ch/01/mix/fader)."

I did my own checks. Lemur sends a bundle to QLC+ which includes a time tag. If this is the reason then why does 4.8.5 work correctly?
mcallegari

I don't have a MAC. Did you build a Windows debug version?
Yes. RC2 for Windows is a debug version too. Dunno if powershell will display those messages though. Please try.
I did my own checks. Lemur sends a bundle to QLC+ which includes a time tag. If this is the reason then why does 4.8.5 work correctly?
Most likely, yes.
The OSC plugin has been completely rewritten on QLC+ 4.9.0, so it probably needs futher improvements.
If you have the chance, a Wireshark network capture (.pcap) would help me as well.
mcallegari

[EDIT] Nevermind. I purchased Lemur (donations are welcome ;)) and fixed QLC+ !

OSX RC3 build on its way. Windows build later.

Incredibly, feedbacks are working as well !
mcallegari

Bump.
So, I purchased a software, fixed QLC+ and built it for Windows and OSX...and all the ones interested in this thread disappeared...
Nice.
darrow

...and all the ones interested in this thread disappeared...
I was in Iceland for 4 days with limited internet access. Many thanks Massimo.
psyka

Thank you, that's work again for me :D
Regards :)
psyka

Hi,

I would know if QLC+ work only with OSC or if I can use midi only?
When I look for lemur in QLC, there is only the OSC with lemur ip adress. Is it possible to do the same with midi? (It's realy more simple to make a midi template than a osc template with lemur)

Many thanks :)
darrow

To use QLC+ and Lemur with midi you have to create virtual midi ports first. I use 'loopmidi' and it works very well. Set up and run the Lemur Daemon to provide the link.
Read the Lemur docs for info on how to set up virtual midi ports and the daemon.
psyka

Thank you for that darrow. I don't know this soft, I try this week ;)

:D
psyka

HI

Ok I would try your solution, but I can't, this soft work only with windows not with a mac.
Finally I solve my problem in a few minutes with the IAC midi to create a midi port (already include in a mac...)
I configure deamon with this IAC, and QLC work in midi mode with Ipad. So I'm glad :)

Thank you guy :D
Sqeegie

I apologize too for not responding. I've been quite busy with other projects and haven't had the chance to go into qlc+ to check things out. I appreciate all your hard work! Thank you so much for a great piece of software and to everyone who works on it. As soon as I can I will update on how things are working on my end. Thanks again!