EUROLITE USB-DMX512-PRO Interface, not playing-showing as output

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
mcallegari

https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -build-Qt5

Good luck with the Apple driver interfering with QLC+...

The device is indeed supposed to be working on OSX, but at some point I need to give up cause of Apple not wanting some devices to enter their precious ecosystem
McCavity

Thanks for the pointer - I'll read it as soon as I can. I know that Apple is quite picky as far as letting developers meddle in their OS is concerned - but it still puzzles me a bit since any ultra-cheap USB stick can connect to it and will work more or less flawlessly - and a comparably high-priced USB DMX adapter can't? Anyway, I know getting things to work, especially if third parties are involved, can be very pesky. I'll give it a try, but if I don't succeed - well, I still have my plan B :-)

Thanks a lot again,
McCavity
mcallegari

McCavity wrote:but it still puzzles me a bit since any ultra-cheap USB stick can connect to it and will work more or less flawlessly - and a comparably high-priced USB DMX adapter can't?
Not quite true. See the "Input/Output Plugins" paragraph here: http://www.qlcplus.org/release-4.10.0.html
I've had a lot of troubles trying to make those "cheap devices" to work, and I had to give up as well cause the Apple FTDI driver is not meant for real time data transmission. As long as I was debugging it, I got the impression it buffers data, and sends chunks of it when it reaches a certain amount. This is really bad design for a serial driver.

Anyway, I don't own the Eurolite adapter and I find it incredibly expensive for such basic features, so I haven't even planned to buy it at some point.
Since the device is detected though, I'd need some debug messages to understand what happens in the code, so I can possibly suggest a patch to fix it ( -IF- Apple allows it..)
Looking again at the code it seems it should work indeed.
janu

Did you had success in the meanwhile to run the Eurolite Pro Interface on a Mac with QLC+? I've made the same mistake to buy this damn unit.