Controller "ENTTEC DMXIS" not recognized by QLC +

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
mcallegari

menoventi wrote:Problem almost solved:
Setting all parameters of my DMXIS to 0 (or the less possible, when not zero) with PRO MANAGER 2.35
AND
forcing DMXIS as a TX/RX in Input/outputs (different solutions possibles) in QLC+
the device is recognized and works properly, but I had two crash in two hours.
I don't understand if the problem is connected to the stranges settings (in qlc+ and in Pro manager)

I'm working with windows 10 and QLC+4.10.4

sorry for my english
This is great news ! I knew it had to work.
Can you please tell us which parameters you reset or even better post a screenshot of the Pro Manager so that other users can do the same on their DMXIS ?

As for crashes, can you please give a go to the latest test version from this page ?
There is a related discussion here
menoventi

Here Pro Manager parameters for my DMXIS.
In QLC+ is forced as PRO RX/TX

@mcallegari, for crashes: next week I'll perform, I'll try Test versions after this show.
For the moment, can you suggest me the most stable version for windows 10?
thx
Attachments
parametri DMXIS.JPG
filipek.o

What is your succues with running dmxis outofbox with qlc+ ? Any updates !:)
menoventi

Now it's working good!
BishopBautista

HI could you please help me out with the set up steps to get QLC+ with DMXIS? Thank you so much!
BishopBautista

What did you need to do to get this to work stably? This eliminates the need to have an Entec ODE box to convert the dmx signal to Art-Net? Thanks in advanced!
GGGss

BishopBautista wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 pm This eliminates the need to have an Entec ODE box to convert the dmx signal to Art-Net? Thanks in advanced!
But why would you need a box to convert to Artnet IF QLC+ is capable of doing that in the first place?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
BishopBautista

The Entec DMXIS is a USB to DMX box that allows you to run your light show via a VST plugin (In my case, running inside of Ableton Live). All other documentation I've read state you need to take the DMX signal output from the DMXIS box and run it through a DMX to Art-net converter and back to your machine in order to 3d visualise your lights. QLC+ states that the DMXIS is supported but I'm not finding any good documentation to get it to work. I do see my DMXIS Box listed in my input devices when its plugged in. I also used the Entec Pro Manager software as described to set the parameters correctly but I don't seem to be receiving any signal back from the DMXIS. I could really use some guidance on this configuration.

Thanks to anyone that is able to help me out! :)
netmindz

It can be used as just regular usb to dmx adapter, you just need to select the right type from the usb selection in qlc+

Sometimes you need to change type and change back to give it a bit of a nudge to start the output
DJ2MN

Hi folks

I'm trying to get my DMXIS interface running with QLC+ (4.12.5) on macOS Monterey 12.5.

Box still works great with DMXIS app but I'm finding it a little limited for my needs so after a bit of looking around QLC+ seemed like a good upgrade.

On my first attempt the DMX signal was garbled, the bus was active but the fixtures weren't doing anything like they were being told. I found this thread on the forum and got hold of the Entec Pro-Manager on my old (High Sierra) laptop only to discover the settings in my interface were completely weird numbers that (I forgot to note down before) I changed them to the values described above in this thread... upon which nothing seems to happen at all when I connect the interface back to my main laptop. It sill works perfectly with DMXIS.app but there's not even a glimmer of DMX coming out when I select it in QLC+

It seems to be recognised - see screen shot - and the green light in the interface is blinking like it usually does when it's working, I'm just getting nothing out of QLC+

Someone mentioned forcing it to be recognised as USB Pro but I can't quite see how to do that in the UI... I'm very comfortable with terminal commands if that what it needs. Appreciate any suggestions as I was getting quite excited about some of the new things I could do with my rig using QLC+ and posting pics of my successes in the forums not asking for help?! :)
QLCScreenShot1.jpg
netmindz

If you click the spanner icon to configure, I find changing to opendmx then back to pro normally kicks my dmxis back into life
DJ2MN

Aha I resized the config window which to my shame has revealed the drop-down to change the type and .. boo-ya I have DMX! Awesome.. now we can have some fun!
Last edited by DJ2MN on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.