I recently bought a μDMX adaptor, manufactured by Lixada. I had no problems installing the unsigned drivers.
Unfortunately, it only works regularly for less than 15 minutes, and then it disconnects from my Windows 10 laptop (bought this year). To re-enable it again, I have to:
- deactivate it from the "Input/Output" section in QLC+;
- double-click on the μDMX device in the "Map" tab to refresh the devices;
- enable it again.
- the one in the small CD included in the box;
- the old one on www.illutzmination.de;
- the new `libusbK` on http://illutzmination.de/;
Furthermore, I tried to use 2 different versions of "Art-Net to DMX" as a bridge to μDMX, as described in other posts:
- the one included in Freestyler;
- the one I downloaded from http://illutzmination.de/.
I also tried to use my μDMX adaptor with other two laptops (one bought in 2010 and the other in 2008), both running Windows 7 and QLC+. I had no problems controlling my lights for more than 5 hours, except for a very noticeable latency and irregularity in the transmission of DMX data on one of the two Win 7 laptops (it didn't disappear by setting the frequency to 16 Hz in the Windows register).
How can I prevent my μDMX from disconnecting on Windows 10? Is the above-mentioned latency only due to the old hardware?
Thanks in advance.