μDMX issues on Windows 10

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
scaniacn94ub

Hello,

I recently bought a μDMX adaptor, manufactured by Lixada. I had no problems installing the unsigned drivers.
Unfortunately, it only works regularly for less than 15 minutes, and then it disconnects from my Windows 10 laptop (bought this year). To re-enable it again, I have to:
  1. deactivate it from the "Input/Output" section in QLC+;
  2. double-click on the μDMX device in the "Map" tab to refresh the devices;
  3. enable it again.
On this laptop I tried 3 versions of the `libusb` drivers: but without any visible result.

Furthermore, I tried to use 2 different versions of "Art-Net to DMX" as a bridge to μDMX, as described in other posts: Again, I didn't notice any improvement, except for a little increasing of the time the device remained connected.

I also tried to use my μDMX adaptor with other two laptops (one bought in 2010 and the other in 2008), both running Windows 7 and QLC+. I had no problems controlling my lights for more than 5 hours, except for a very noticeable latency and irregularity in the transmission of DMX data on one of the two Win 7 laptops (it didn't disappear by setting the frequency to 16 Hz in the Windows register).

How can I prevent my μDMX from disconnecting on Windows 10? Is the above-mentioned latency only due to the old hardware?

Thanks in advance.
moustic999

I have the same Lixada device, on windows 10 and I couldnt get it to work properly.

As I have no CD reader on my laptop, I tried to find driver and installed libusbK provided by Illutzmination.de
The uDDMX device is shown in QLC+ as Unknown device, but once I check output, It is there and give Good as rate.
However, I have no light working.

Then I tried to use uDMXArtnet from same site.

The artnet is OK in QLC and that time I can have my light working.... but as soon I begin to play with moving head, it stop working after few seconds by disconnecting usb device and reconnecting it many seconds later.
Finally I found the solution on this forum, given by Massimo : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11077&p=47881&hilit=uDMX#p47881
--> Uncheck "Can Fade" in Pan/Tilt Channels config.

There is a lot of cheap device of this type and installing drivers is a nightmare. Not only instructions are outdated and explain the hard way, but there is multiple flavour of the driver. libusb /libusb-win32 / libusbK.
It is not clear which one we have to use in order to work with QLC+.

Here is the vid/pid for this device : 0x16C0 / 0x05DC

for reference here is the device I have :
https://www.amazon.fr/Lixada-Adaptateur ... B00ZQNIAP8

last point :
The actual documentation reports uDMX not supported on windows.