Network Configuration Changes are not handled well

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
ajb

If the static IP address on a local adapter is changed while QLC+ is running, instead of updating the network entries for that adapter in the mapping window, a new entry is displayed showing the new IP address, but the old entry showing the old IP address is retained as well.

Procedure:
- Set a static IP on a network adapter, IE 192.168.1.1
- Enable ArtNet transmission on that adapter
- Change the static IP, IE to 192.168.1.2
- Switch to another window, then back to the IO Manager
- ArtNet transmission immediately changes to the new IP address, as expected
- The Mapping list now shows that ArtNet transmission is still enabled on the old IP address (.1)
- The Mapping list now shows the new IP address as a new entry which is not enabled
- ArtNet transmission can now be enabled using either the old entry or the new entry

The above can be repeated, each time adding a new entry to the mapping list

Sidenote: it would be nice if it weren't necessary to change displays in QLC+ to update the IO Mapping list
janosvitok

Although there is API (at least in windows - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx ) that notifies of IP address changes, I'm not sure if this is high enough priority.

Can you describe the use case? Why are you changing IP address on the fly?
ajb

QLC+ clearly sees the IP address change, because it displays the new address as a new entry in the list. It seems to be an interface issue rather than a network issue.

I noticed the problem because my PC has three Ethernet interfaces and two happened to be set to the same private range, so at first I wasn't seeing ArtNet output on the interface I expected to. Then, since I'm developing an embedded ArtNet interface, I changed ranges a couple of times in the course of testing. Probably not a common use case, but since I noticed the issue I reported it.
janosvitok

OK :)

I noticed that QLC+ somehow found out the new address, I haven't found out how yet...

Jano