Profile Not Saving

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
bend3333

Using 4.10.5b on Mac OS 10.12.5 with uDMX USB interface:

I've only just started using this software, so this is most probably a basic user error that you guys will correct in 2 minutes haha.

I need to have the "Generic MIDI" profile selected in order for my uDMX interface to function, but when I select that profile on the Inputs/Outputs tab, navigate to a different tab (e.g. Simple Desk), and navigate back to Inputs/Outputs, QLC has reverted back to the "None" profile, which means that nothing works.

Is there any reason why it wouldn't be saving the selection of "Generic MIDI"? Should I be hitting a button to commit that section? Is there some order that I should be selecting the options in the Inputs/Outputs tab?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
mcallegari

I need to have the "Generic MIDI" profile selected in order for my uDMX interface to function
An input profile has nothing to do with an output device.
The issue you're chasing is most likely elsewhere.

Please elaborate what you mean with the quoted statement.
bend3333

I think I got myself a little confused after seeing that Anyma have a MIDI interface application, and somehow came to the conclusion that QLC needed to be outputting MIDI for the uDMX to translate that MIDI to DMX. Now that I think about it, that seems quite ridiculous logic haha!

I've got an 8 channel DMX relay connected and it's only working intermittently, but I'll have to do some deeper hunting around to see what I've done wrong in setup.

Thanks for letting me know the problem is elsewhere though :)