uDMX flicker

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
igorrobertifoc

Hello,
I installed a new udmx USB interface ( cheap one, but with a buffer). I try with register to change the frequency rate (16,20,25,50,35) but there is always a flicker problem.
For testing the hardware I tryed freestyler and with a value of 50 doesn't flick. Anyone has some advice for me?

Thank you very much
igorrobertifoc

I found, rhe value that work is 16. But you have to set the master value too. it doesn't flicker, but if you change colors with efx you see little step-jump of colors.

Just create a reg file with this
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\udmx]
"frequency"=dword:00000010

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\mastertimer]
"frequency"=dword:00000010
igorrobertifoc

Good, I found a solution:

if someone has a cheap USB-DMX that use the driver uDMX can try to install the new driver :
https://www.illutzmination.de/udmxdriver.html?&L=1

and install the little tool that is a internal gateway from ARTNET to DMX (loopback)
https://www.illutzmination.de/udmx-artnet.html?&L=1

With this configuration is very fast and it work very well.

My little (big) problem is when I change a scene the USB turn off and torn ON.
Just only when I change the scene.. Is it possibile that QLC+ try to connect at the USB dongle every time you select a scene and the driver is not able to manage 2 connection?

Thank you very much for a reply :)
igorrobertifoc

Hello,
I have a question:
The artnet frequency is set by "master tempo" on regedit. I setted to 30 but the gateway udmx-show 60 fps. I try to set the master tempo to 200 and the gateway go to 100 fps then there is a correlation.

My usb key sometime restart.. I hope with a lower fps can resolve..

Thank you
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
siegmund

I don't know if this helps, but you could try setting QLC+ master timer: viewtopic.php?t=8177
igorrobertifoc

Thank you,
I set this. But if you set lower value than 60 the framer rate is ignored :( and remain 60
igorrobertifoc

Finally found.

The problem was the PAN FINE and TILT FINE on my 4 moving head. QLC flood too many messages and every configuration of frequency soon or late will break my usb Key cheap.
Use only TILT and PAN is not very beautifull to see if movements are slow, but I found a solution that can be a compromise.

on channel fade configuration, for pan fine and tilt fine, create a step curve (I attach the printscreen). This will filter some packets. After this my usb key never restert anymore.

People that buy a cheap usb key udmx like me my advice is to use
- Update the driver windows udmx (I found this one, just try: https://www.illutzmination.de/udmxdriver.html?&L=1)
- Use the gateway : "Art-Net to DMX.exe" located on freestyler installation and use QLC that point to artnet.
- Use steps on pan fine and tilt fine

With this configuration it work very well al 50 hertz, no problem with latency or something else. I will give a feedback of stability and realibility :D
my usb key is this
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New ... 0.0.tlEP3N

Bye
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
mcallegari

OR untick Pan/Tilt "can fade" in channels configuration ?
igorrobertifoc

Better tricks. It was very difficult to link this very nice feature with problems with communication problem :D

Massimo, you did a great job.
igorrobertifoc

Too much Risiko with cheap usb key, today crash 2 times. I bought a enttec
Tsurugi

hi, i have problem with my Anyma udmx on old ibm t42 laptop, usb random disconnect, hi have try to plug usb on hub with external voltage and in tis time i'm not have any problem and solved disconnect