Fader 2-8 on nanoKontrol 2 not working

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
eein

I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and the nano Kontrol 2 doesn't work for faders 2-8. If you move the knobs above the fader and then touch the fader the mapped slider will jump in the to full then return to zero almost instantly. I see someone that had the exact same issue here viewtopic.php?t=9880 but claimed reinstalling the driver fixed it. I don't think unloading a kernel module will fix anything and I tried on another Mint install and it has the same behavior. In Mixxx I have no issues seeing all the midi output for these faders

Code: Select all

Fader 2
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4750453 ms status 0xE1: pitch bend ch 2, value 0x12A5" 
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4750463 ms status 0xE1: pitch bend ch 2, value 0x1326" 

Fader 3
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4774278 ms status 0xE2: pitch bend ch 3, value 0x058B" 
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4774291 ms status 0xE2: pitch bend ch 3, value 0x060C" 

Fader 4
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4787160 ms status 0xE3: pitch bend ch 4, value 0x0810" 
Debug [Controller]: "MIDI t:4787169 ms status 0xE3: pitch bend ch 4, value 0x0891" 
I only have input and feedback selected and have the nano Kontrol 2 checked in the profile. Also, for faders 2-8 it is hard to get QLC+ to even pick up the MIDI signal using the auto detect function but no issues with fader 1 which appears to be the tied to a pitch wheel.

Code: Select all

Fader 1 == 514 ?
Fader 2 == 154 ?
Fader 3 == 155 ? (One of the more difficult to get a code for in QLC+ but as seen above no issues reading codes in Mixxx)
Fader 4 == 156 ?
Fader 5 == 157 ?
Fader 6 == 158 ?
Fader 7 == 159 ?
Fader 8 == 160 Button 160
Are there different versions of a nano Kontrol 2 and I need to make my own profile?
Any help would be most appreciated.
janosvitok

Set MIDI channel to "1-16" in MIDI plugin settings. The recommended settings are here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/supported-i ... vices.html
The page says to use MIDI channel 1. That seems wrong. Please try 1-16 ("Omni mode") and report back. If that helps, I'll update the page.

If the above fails:
- make sure that you are using a universe just for input and feedback, do not mix it with DMX output (see the linked post)
- tell us how did you configure your nanokontrol
- attach your qxw here + any custom fixtures

Jano
eein

Thank you. You are correct, it isn't right and needs 1-16 channels. I got it working by doing just as you said,
  • going into the mapping tab
  • highlighting the controller and selecting the wrench/screwdriver icon in the lower right for Configure Midi Plugin
  • pressing the down button to the right of the value to change the input to be 1-16 for the nanoKontrol2 MIDI 1 entry
What I also found interesting about this device is the feedback needs to be custom to toggle the lights on and off. The values need to be 1-255 so their off isn't 0 which is weird but maybe that is a standard Korg thing? Anyway maybe if that could get included in the comments. It is annoying to have to change every button in the Virtual Console so I will be changing mine in the Profile tab of the Input/Output section. Maybe this could be confirmed and patched in the profile upstream?