Problem with Loopback and or OSC

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
benste

Hi there, as mentioned somewhere else i ran into issues that i would like to merge multiple inputs into one DMX output while keeping all faders accurate.
In other words - i need Universes with more than 1 input and more than 1 output (e.g. USB DMX, and Loopback)

As a workaround i've tried to create 4 different universes
1. Outputs - with all fixtures
2. Merger Layer (a layer with 128 simple sliders in a Dimmer)
should send its output to a loopback or network interface which sends to layer 1 AND 3
3. Faders - graphical layer used to make changes to channels on the GUI, should send on a second loopback or similar to universe 2 and receive the updated status from there
4. Input R16 layer - should be used with a MIDI input, and send out signals to Universe 2

But sadly each interface can only be used once, even when using OSC on the same ports on localhost i still get the issue

PS: I think i also found a bug in the loopback interfaces
i used loop1 from universe4>3, loop2 universe 3->2, and loop3 for universe 2>1, however the event is not detected in the 3rd part of this row - the number of the loopback interface doesn't matter - it always seems to limit inputs to a maximum of 3 universes which seems weird

In any case using 4 different universes seems an odd way of merging multiple inputs but i didn't find a different way to do so.

The main reason why i want to have this more flexible is because i would like to have one Page in a Frame where all my 8 faders directly control the submaster volume for different parts (Levels, Scenes, Chasers, Extra ...)

Any help appreciated, hope the attached file does include the profiles
PS: used the 128 on Scene to create a profile
Attachments
QLight_BadHomburg_ZoomR16_experimental.qxw
(85.38 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
janosvitok

I won't help you here, nevertheless: would you mind sharing the R16 profile once you are somewhat satisfied with it?
Perhaps some other users will benefit from it as well...
benste

as described in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10595&p=45797#p45797
lets keep this thread for talking about issues with multiple inputs using loopback
benste

Hello Janosvitok, i'm happy to share - waiting for some feedback about the license of QLC+ in order to release it under the same and not a conflicting one. Furthermore i need somebody explain me a good way to export profiles.

Back to topic - in the other thread there are some nice sample on how a simple multiinput can be done - thanks to all who helped understanding it.
Trying to get this running in my main workspace i think i found another "bug"
The problem is related to inputs of Multipaged frames.

When you use clone page while creating pages each input event is correctly mapped to it's page 2 ... event on the 2nd page and the 1st page faders are no longer moved.
However when i manually add elements to the 2nd page and did not clone them, while trying to assign an input it gets assigned the respective direct input without the page modifer to it.
However when running the whole thing the event always triggers the fader on page 1 only, faders on page 2 or higher are not moving at all.

How can i add the page modifer to manually selected events on a 2nd page? I suppose this functionality is yet missing?
Attachments
QLight_BadHomburg_multiInput_desk.qxw
(160.96 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
siegmund

benste wrote:Hello Janosvitok, i'm happy to share - waiting for some feedback about the license of QLC+ in order to release it under the same and not a conflicting one. Furthermore i need somebody explain me a good way to export profiles.
The input profiles are stored in the user folder: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/questionsandanswers.html
QLC+ is licensed under Apache v2.0, see https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... er/COPYING

This seems to be another bug. Again, I'll set up a separate bug report and share the link here. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10612
As a workaround you can use the auto detect feature (apply some chaser which is switching on/off the loopback channel, go live and do the detection in live edit mode) meanwhile.
Last edited by siegmund on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
benste

Hello Sigmund, again - thanks for splitting this into a separate report.
I'm happy to post the following in the other thread once i have the link.
===
I've tried the workaround but it didn't work for me - while auto detecting inputs i can not move faders on the gui, however when i do so using my midi input the midi input is detected as opposed to the loopback changes
benste

@Janosvitok
I've uploaded the inputprofile to viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10629
Last edited by benste on Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benste

@Siegmund Thanks for your explanations around the use of scenes in the reply on the other thread (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10595&p=45759#p45759)

The "missing" functionality question was about the use of remote controlled submasters which at the same time is what you explained with the loopback workarounds. Kind of writing how i achieved a remote controlled submaster fader. So far i have frequently used these kinds of faders on physical desks, because usually the submasters are not located next to there group but rather in a master control section.

In regards to the HTP / LTP setting in this style of remote control - i've tried both, however your advice with the scenes that auto adjust other faders once the scene is already displayed this might do the job - i will try it out soon