Working with Bomes Midi Translator under OSx

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
KuluOrr

Hi
For several years now I've been using QLC+ (along with several other software - Ableton Live, LightJams and others) in conjunction with BMT (Bomes Midi Translator - an excellent Midi routing software that Icommunicates via virtual Midi ports it sets up).
Working with PC computers under Windows 7, 8 and 10, all was well.
However recently I ported everything to Mac OSx and for some reason QLC+ was the only software that failed to recognized the virtual ports set up by BMT.
I investigated the point with Florian Bomes (founder of BMT software), and our conclusion was that (under OSx) QLC+ expects a MIDI port to have a serial number. If it does not have one, the port is ignored. I wanted to know if you might be persuaded to modify this, so that ports do not necessarily haveto be serialized?
Please let me know if that might be possible for you and if so - when do you expect to implement this modification.
Thanks,
Kulu
janosvitok

Hi,

I suppose Florian is already discussing the issue with Massimo: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/issues/907
KuluOrr

Oh wonderful!
So I should follow up in the link you provided to see if and when a version of QLC+ addressing this point is made available, right?
And thanks for the lightning-fast reply!
janosvitok

Please keep the github link only for development discussion. Never the less, if you follow what's happening there, you can track progress somehow.