Very low audio levels into QLC+

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
joe

Hello friends,

I'm trying to create the classic VU meter effect on a row of LED battens using QLC+'s audio spectrum effect. The problem I'm having is that even when the signal is clipping, it only reaches about 50% in QLC+. I have attached some screenshots of my testing. I have a white noise synth in Ableton, with the gain whacked way up. As you can see, on both the effect and the input level monitor, it's hardly touching 50% when Ableton and Mac OS X System Preferences both show the signal as peaking.

Anyone else ran into this?

Best,

Joe

mcallegari

If you're sending audio data from Ableton to QLC+, you might need to adjust the audio input format in QLC+.
Or adjust Ableton to send audio @ 44100Hz stereo 16bit
joe

Hey Massimo,

Cheers for the reply. I've checked and all the audio settings match up ok. I have tried various bit depths and sample rates but the levels still remain low.

Thx
mcallegari

Then I need to test this myself, but I don't have a ready-made Ableton setup to send audio data and I don't have much time to invest to learn how to use Ableton.
If you can upload somewhere (e.g. Dropbox) a very simple project that I can load into Ableton Live for testing, it would help.
Also a question: is SoundFlower a virtual audio card to exchange audio data between softwares ?