enttec usb open device not working on OSX 10.9 or 10.11 works in windows

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
orchidz3ro

My bad this has been frustrating

[mcallegari] The original post has been edited by the author and the contents deleted. User warned this is a bad behaviour for the forum.
Last edited by orchidz3ro on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcallegari

I don't think that with your approach you will get any help in this forum.

"my diy interface" means nothing. Where does it come from ? What does it clone ? What are the USB VID/PID ? Does it mount a FTDI chip ?
And as you point your finger toward QLC+, here's the proof you're wrong, and that you probably need to understand how your Mac works.
I am using OSX 10.11.4

ENTTEC DMX USB Pro MK2, Apple driver enabled:
usb_dmx_pro.png
ENTTEC DMX USB Open clone, Apple driver disabled:
usb_dmx_open.png
Alpha

Hi,

i need to help (if is possible will be better speak in italian or spanish for me :( ).

I work wit OS X yosemite and enttec open dmx.

But i can't work (no signal dmx).. i read a lot of forum about that (ftdi, d2xx etc.) but really i don't know where i make mistake.

Someone can help me in italian please?
Cobretti72

hi
i have same problem.
I buy OPENDMX USB Enttec, I use QLC+ on Microsoft 7 anx XP and on MAcbook Pro 10.11.6.
On Microsoft i have DMX signal.
On Apple i haven't DMX signal, but on QLC+ interface and manager the usb device is visible and is possible to select.
I try all instructions that i found on forum and faq ( Qlc+ and Enttec ), but is impossible to use.
Some solutions??

Thanks
Cobretti72

hi
there is a news...
I try to use Lightkey for test my mac with Enttec.... and work .
If i use before Lightkey, close Lightkey, and after i open QLC+ ..... work regolary.
If i reebot my mac, and open directly QLC+ ....don't work......close QLC+....open Lightkey....close Lightkey ....open QLC+.....work!!!
Some answer?!

Michele
flyer48

i have the same problem with my enttec USB Assembled Widget.

the solution above works for me, looks like it is a permission problem. While Ligthkey asks for Administrator permissions qlc+ does not. I tried to work as admin which i normally do not but the problem is the same.
Thatsme

Hello,
I also have the same issue as you on any current macOS systems (El Capitan as well as Sierra).

Let me suggest you the same thing that Massimo also suggested me: try the 'in development' version: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135

It works well for me.

Best!
Laurent
JeanGrinda

Hello,
I have about the same problem whatever the version of the software interface is recognized but it has no active DATA signal.

Config:
USB DMX ENTTENC OPENDMX 512 CANEAUX
MACBOOK PRO
core 2 duo 2,53ghz 8go DDR 3
OSX ELCAPITAN 10.11.6