Crash when adding something to the scene

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
portapipe

May I kindly ask for a new test version? I can test it for you. I'm in a middle of a huge project (not mine, so there is a customer) and without it I can't accomplish to my work. Is it possible?
plugz

I can't do this, only Massimo is able to. And only when he has time to build them.

I can try to fix your workspace though.
portapipe

Well I think it should be a good idea, but the issue can happen again if I'll work on the file with 4.10.3a, am I right? There is a version that I can use until a test version will be available? A version without this bug?
Meanwhile thanks for your time
plugz

Still, here you go.

Sequences IDs have been raised up, and holes in function IDs have been filled with empty collections.

The issue will happen again if
- You delete a function
- You add a sequence.
Then the sequence will get the ID of the function you deleted, which may be too small.

As long as you don't delete any function, you won't have any issue.

Or you cant wait for a new version to be out.
Attachments
Twilight RIPENSATO (riassegnato) MA VUOTO-sequences000-fill.qxw
(379.7 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
portapipe

So if I use for example a 4.8.5 version this error will be written again in the file? In the fixed one I mean... 'cause If I can get the newest version without this bug I can try to use that one without the fear of deleting anything.
plugz

There is no fixed version yet.

You have 2 choices:
- you keep on using 4.10.3a and don't delete functions
- you wait for a fixed version to be available

I don't see the link with 4.8.5.
portapipe

4.8.5 should not have this bug, that's why I'm mentioning it.
If I work with a version that doesn't have this issue I can work until the new version will be released.
Patfrwar

hello

if you want to wait for the new version

you have 2 solutions

The simplest is to not remove the functions and rename it like: "[delete] _name of_the_function" or so to create a folder for each type of function named for esample : "To be Deleted" and placed in these folders the functions you want to remove. Like this when you have the correct version, you will just have to remove the contents of folders or the renamed functions.

the other solution can more complicated is to work with a text editor in the qxw file is actually an XML file.

best regards
portapipe

I'm scared to delete accidentally some functions (scene / sequences / chasers) in a quick action.
I have 45 minutes of every-second light change, one different from another, and I should delete accidentally something, that's why I'm asking about a version without this bug.
But we'll see, now I'm waiting for a customer decision about my work and well... I'll let you know :)
Meanwhile Thanks for your time guys.
portapipe

Thanks everyone for your help, never mind for the test version. Job ended before the deadline for me :ugeek: