Waveform Preview Causes cursor to freeze

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
TomSadowski

Greetings Forum users,
I am running QLC+4.10.5b on a robust Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite laptop. I am having more than one issue with Show Manager but let's just address the waveform preview feature here.

Let us assume that things are cueing up fine in Show Manager and I want to look at the waveform in track 1, an audio track, to adjust some of my cues. I right click on the track, an MP3 audio file, and select any one of the preview options like stereo preview from the drop down menu. This action also brings up the audio track information window on the right.

Nothing happens until I click again on the Show Manager workspace which closes the audio information window and displays the waveform as it should in the audio track. So far so good. However, from this point forward, the long yellow line cursor is frozen in place.

When the stop button at the top middle of the screen is double-clicked, the cursor does not snap back to zero even though the clock next to the play and stop buttons does so. When the play button is pressed, the track plays from the start but the cursor does not move.
If I switch to another screen such as the fixtures screen and then switch back to Show Manager, the cursor appears in the correct position (the same position as the clock on top indicates) but when the play button is pressed, the cursor does not move. If I click around the screen to move the cursor like you can when it is behaving normally, there is still no cursor response; it stays where it is.
At this point there is nothing more to do but to turn off the Waveform Preview. This can be done, right clicking on the waveform track and deselecting the option to view the waveform, but the cursor problem persists. It behaves as if the Waveform Preview is still on and it remains locked in place. The movement of the cursor can not be restored until QLC+ is shut down and restarted.I also have this problem with a HP machine running the same version of QLC+ but with slightly different behavior. Version 4.10.1 did not have a problem with the cursor and Waveform Preview.

This isjust one issue with Show Manager and I hope to post the other, more serious issue soon but one step at a time. I hope I have supplied enough information. This happens on any show that I try to use Show Manager.
By the way I love the program; I am a lighting designer and I use when I trust it in theatrical productions.
Lighting Designer
mcallegari

Such a long post and you forgot to tell us:
- the audio duration
- sample rate
- bit per sample
TomSadowski

Thank you for responding. Yes, I'm a wordy guy but it's all in the name of being through. And in that regard, I am using a recording that is 4 min., 5 seconds long, 2 channel, recorded at 44000Hz sample rate @192 kb/sample. This is typical of other pieces I use.
Best regards, TS
Lighting Designer
TomSadowski

For the benefit of anyone with the same problem. I noticed that the cursor freezes when I left click on the audio track, select one of the options to view the waveform and then click on any track to get rid of the audio track information window BEFORE the wave form displays.
If I left click on the track, select one of the waveform preview options and WAIT until the waveform displays before doing anything else, all is good.
Some times the wave form does not display and then the program has to be re-started but most of the time, the wave form will display after a few seconds and then I can resume editing. Hope this helps.
Lighting Designer