Scrolling in the Timeline

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
hmschreiber

Hello,

I use QLCplus and the Showmanager and I love it. But,

is it possible to move the cursor with the mouse? In the moment it jumps only to a new position?

is it possible to expand the value for the zoom funktion? I need to find the exact position in the audio track.
also it would be great to expand the tracks vertical to have a better and detailed view.

at last a very difficult wish. Is it possible to show keyframes in the video track?

thanks and sorry for my bad english.
TomSadowski

I agree, that is a very good wish list. Being able to further zoom in an an audio waveform and to expand the height of the track on the screen would be helpful indeed. Thanks for your suggestions.
Lighting Designer
thestreets

Hi,
First of all - I am new. What a great job you have done! When we finalized our project, we will setup a showcase/demo for you if you want.

What is the status on this question about scrolling in the Timeline. If you have a 150+ bpm song and you have eight notes you want to trigger on, already interesting. I just tried a sync on a Metallica cover with 208bpm and ended up with 150ms triggers/flashes of the PARs :D

Looking forward to your reply!
janosvitok

Note that max DMX refresh rate is 44 Hz, and QLC+ master timer may run at different frequency. It may create artifacts at very short sequences (e.g. skip steps or start scene at slightly different time).
GGGss

janosvitok wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:54 am Note that max DMX refresh rate is 44 Hz, and QLC+ master timer may run at different frequency. It may create artifacts at very short sequences (e.g. skip steps or start scene at slightly different time).
Ideally 44Hz (22,7ms) and QLC+ internal engine was 20ms (to my knowledge) so QLC+ should be faster than the DMX bus. Buffer overruns excluded. And since the multi-thread built in, in- and output driving the busses reside in their own process. So I didn't notice any glitches or artifacts anymore and I'm more and more using my own strobe solutions because QLC+ is on par with those timing issues. 208bpm = 288ms per beat; 72ms per 1/4th beat -> QLC+ can handle 36ms (1/8th of a beat [on+off])
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
thestreets

Thnx for the feedback.
So we will just give it a small check. We only have around 60 DMX channels.
Othwerwise I will try to make steps within the sequence. (And luckily we only have a few of those high speed songs :D )

p.s. I am a drummer, not a light engineer. But looking forward to an amazing project.