Timer considerable slower than realtime

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
ralbrightii

Not sure where the error is, but the timer present in both Show manager and Scripting is considerably slower than real-time. (In a 12 second audio clip in a show, the timer shows only 8 seconds elapsed.)

Not sure where the issue is here, but that is not suppose to happen. I have attached the two files that I created from scratch that show this error:
nutty timer.qxw.zip
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Int 5.mp3
(189.11 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Running 4.11.0
MacMini (late 2012) El Capitan
16GB RAM
Dual monitors
2.5GHz processor
500GB SSD HD
ralbrightii

Okay, now for the bizarre twist...

I came home, using the EXACT same MP3s on my macbook pro, the timings were now correct.... There are only minor differences between my macbook and the MacMini, and the biggest is the macmini has El Capitan and the macbook has Yosemite on it. I have also converted the files to AIFF, maybe El Capitan is having trouble with the MP3s....

Truly confused now.
ralbrightii

This keeps getting stranger and stranger. I upgraded my Macbook pro to El Capitan and it didn't have the timing problem. (It now has the same OS as the MacMini.) So I figured it must be something wrong on the MacMini, just spent the last hour reloading the OS on the MacMini to El Capitan, and the problem is still there. Interestingly enough I think the problem is in how QLC+ is figuring out the timing, whereas on my home PC and my MacBook pro it does a great job without any timing problems but with this MacMini it is slower. When a counter is started, stopwatch used or the current time shown in the VC, those are accurate because I assume they utilize a different method for getting time (system clock?) but it would appear that scripting and shows use a different method for time. (the question I have is what?)

I would gladly run this from windows provided that it worked flawlessly for me. However each box I have tried QLC+ on has a delay of some kind when issuing commands. (Very strange). Hit a light command, and it can take 1-3 seconds before the light responds. (This I assume is a driver issue and not QLC+.)

I really enjoy what has been put together, however this timing thing is a bit of a mystery to me.

System Specs:
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 16 GB
El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6