EFX Mode Dimmer / Position / RGB - change all?

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
esotericaqua

Hello,

I searched the forum and couldn't find the answer, so I thought I'd pose the question.

I recently loaded new / updated profiles for some of our moving head lights. Upon doing so, none of the previously built EFX sequences would work. Looking into it, I noticed that whenever a new profile was loaded for a moving head fixture, the previously built EFX would change from "Position" to "Dimmer" mode. This isn't much of a big deal, but a pain to go in and update 30-40 EFX sequences with 4-12 fixtures in each.

Is there a way to initiate a change all on the EFX Mode, so I don't have to click into each individual fixture in the EFX?
Or is this an issue with the profile I am using on the fixtures?

Here is step-by-step sequence for how the problem was discovered.
EFX sequence built with moving heads (position) > Save workspace > Quit program > Update fixture profile or name > Load workspace > Error message on missing profiles > select new profiles for affected fixtures > Check the EFX section and all the updated fixtures went from "Position" mode to "Dimmer" mode. > Manually update each fixture in each EFX back to "Position" mode.

Thoughts?
Drew
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 11.43.17.png
djstudio

did you find an answer?, i have similar issues, im obviously doing something wrong.

1. i create efx on a mac laptop, save project. if i reopen on mac laptop, its ok.

2. i open same project on a desktop window 10, and all efx moving head changes position to dimmers.
i expect 1 line for postion and 1 line for dimmer.
both lines changes to dimmer.

answer must be simple, but cannot figure it out, sorry i am not a mac guru.
mcallegari

Can you share here a sample project that I can check?
pgScorpio

djstudio wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am answer must be simple, but cannot figure it out,
Make sure you have the EXACT SAME fixture definition files on windows as on MAC.
:geek: Software is the stuff that makes Hardware flexible ! :lol:
djstudio

qlc 1-14-2020 4-12-37 PM.jpg
not sure if u can see,

tks
djstudio

for the fixture definitions, since i could not find it in qlc, i have downloaded the profile and copied it on both laptop. maybe its because it is not saved at the proper spot or work environment, mac seems to be very different then window, i know im missing something