Order of fixtures within a scene

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Freddy_H

Hi,

Whilst setting up a QLC+ workspace to my likings, I discovered that (or at least, it looks like that to me)
- When adding fixtures, they are sorted by DMX adress and fixture ID's are assigned starting from 0, 1, 2, ... etc.
- I a scene, fixtures are always shown sorted on their Fixture ID

As a consequence of this, one might end up with a sorting order of fixtures in a scene that is not so convenient / logical for a 'regular' user.

Through the user interface, I did not find a way to reorder the fixtures inside a scene (maybe I overlooked something ?), and I did not want to reprogram all my fixtures with better suited DMX adresses ... so I had a look at the workspace file, and came up with a workaround:

I reordered the <Fixture> ... </Fixture> blocks of code in the sequence I preferred , leaving their DMX adresses as they were, but re-assigned ID's starting from 0, 1 ...
I could also rearrange the FixtureVal lines inside a scene, but then I would have to rearrange all my scenes, so I decided to stick with the re-arrangement of the fixtures.

This workaround did the trick for me now, but most likely adding a new fixture will reorder them again, so it's not a durable solution.

So I propose a modification to the scene editor interface, allowing -per scene- to arrange fixtures in any desired sequence (and saving the sequence of course), similar to the way you can change the order of the functions inside a chaser.

Kind regards,

Freddy
Freddy_H

Hi,

Anyone supports this proposal ? Or has any comments to it ?

Grtz,

Freddy
siegmund

It would be nice to have, but I personally never really desired this feature. Maybe this could be taken into account as an enhancement for QLC+ 5.
pacco