Function wizard and click&go widget

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
siegmund

Hey guys,

I discovered a bug in the function wizard. When using the function wizard to add a click&go widget to the virtual console, only the red channel is selected to be adjusted by click&go. It appears with several fixtures.
To reproduce, add a fixture that must have RGB channels, enter function wizard, add the fixture in here, check primary colors and add at least the click&go widget to your virtual console. When going to the vc in edit mode and edit the added click&go widget, only the red color channel is selected and adjusted when selecting a color.

Appears on QLC+ 4.10.1 (Qt4) on xUbuntu 14.04 64Bit.

I tried that amongst others with Litecraft LED Par64 AT3 and Cameo LED RGB Par64 18x3W.
siegmund

While looking into this I've possibly found the problem:

In functionwizard.cpp from line 587 the following is going on:

Code: Select all

if (func != NULL)
            {
                Scene *scene = qobject_cast<Scene*> (func);
                foreach (SceneValue scv, scene->values())
                    slider->addLevelChannel(scv.fxi, scv.channel);

if (pType == PaletteGenerator::PrimaryColors ||
                    pType == PaletteGenerator::SixteenColors)
                        slider->setClickAndGoType(ClickAndGoWidget::RGB);
                else
                    slider->setClickAndGoType(ClickAndGoWidget::Preset);
                slider->setSliderMode(VCSlider::Level);
            }
Because of the fact that only a scene (the red one) is given to the function, it only knows the red channel and only checks that one.
At the moment the only thing coming to my mind to fix this is to set the G/B channels after checking the pType. But that wouldn't be the best solution, would it?
Any of you guys got an idea?
siegmund

Did anyone had a look into that?
I tried it again today and it turned out that all the channels are picked in the sixteen color section, but only the red channel is activated when using primary colors.
Maybe somebody could fix this also for the other widget? If it works for one, it shouldn't be so difficult for the other, am I right?
siegmund

I added a simple workspace.
All the widgets on the vc where created by the function wizard. Notice that the click&go widget in the 16-colors section is configured correctly (R,G and B channels are selected). But the click&go widget in the primary colors section misses the selection of G and B.
Attachments
function wizard test.qxw
(25.49 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
TEL0000

I can confirm that the same happens in QLC+ 4.10.2b on Windows 10 as well.
siegmund

TEL0000 wrote:I can confirm that the same happens in QLC+ 4.10.2b on Windows 10 as well.
Sorry I forgot to write that this is happening even with the QLC+ 4.10.3 GIT version.
TEL0000

The difference between 16 colors and primary colors is how the scenes are created.

primary color scenes are created by createColorScene() adding only one color channel
16 colors scenes are created with createRGBCMYScene() adding all color channels

in palettegenerator.cpp line 540
janosvitok

I was looking at this if I can see a quick fix, but I think this deserves deeper rewrite...
For example:
- each primary color should have its own slider with intensity click&go instead of one common with RGB-style.
- only R,G,B,C,M,Y and White are handled now. Amber/UV are not.
siegmund

Could we please get an update on this?
At least putting this on the list for QLC+ 5 should be possible, because this really could confuse users that are not so familiar with the software and are just trying to play around a bit wondering if it is fitting there needs