Fade-Out Time Ignored

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
mlohrey

Finally got a chance to play a bit more with this problem.

I have created a workspace that seems to show some inconsistencies as to how chasers are handling fades in the scenario of a light set to the same value in two sequential steps.

In the workspace, to keep it very simple, I created two different scenes containing the same single dimmer channel set to 100%.

I created two different chasers containing repetitions of these scenes and then used cuelists to try and help work out what was going on.

The results were quite mixed.

1. Using the linked faders in a cuelist produces the expected results. Success!
2. Stepping through the cuelist when hold is set to infinite shows no fade in or out. Fail!
3. Using a chaser with hold, duration and fade sets doesn't show expect cross fades. Fail!

I resorted to using two 'different' scenes as using the same scene was producing very strange results. I need to experiment more this one.
Single Light Cross Fades.qxw
Single Dimmer Channel
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
novadatalabs

Good work! That's precisely the behavior I am seeing (and I can reproduce your observations using your .qxw file).

Note also that, if you run either of your chasers while the monitor window shows your fixture, it does ramp up when the first scene is played in either chaser. The two slider widgets make it look like the fixture goes immediately to full intensity, but that's not the case with the actual fixture. But, as with the example I provided earlier, once the fixture reaches full intensity, it stays there.

I tried looking at the code, but I admit it was more than I can handle right now. I appreciate you confirming this as unexpected behavior, and am grateful for your efforts in dealing with it.
kenact

I was playing with your workspace, and there may be an easy way around what you're trying to do. In your "L1 Alone" chaser, replace the second "L1 Full" with a blackout, 0 fade in, 0 fade out, 0 duration. That should do what you're expecting.
maximortal

I got the same issue and this IMHO is a bug/issue.
also if you say that this software is not a replacement for traditional light desk (and i not agree) from a logical point of wiev this is a bug:
if a trigger action (next step command) triggers two different actions (fade out of scene A and fade in of scene B) booth actions must be done independently, otherwise the option to set fade in and fade out must be replaced by one single option that we can call "crossfade time between steps/scene".
Because the second described behaviour is a total nosense nowdays (it enloger a lot the programming time to create a simple theatrical play and according to what Massimo say about reducing programming on qlc+ 5) this must be considered a bug.
I've tested it on current stable release 4.11.1 and also in the last GIT 4.11.2.89 and booth are affected by this bug.

p.s.: as describe before by some workaround is possible ( dark scenes in between) but is really painful if you consider that a normal play in theater can be made by 60-100 steps