Delete Devices from a Sczene (QLC+ 4.11.0)

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
CoS2000

Hi @all,

deleting a Device from a Scene or Sequence doesnt work every Time. In most Cases the deleted device is Back in the List after editing another Scene or Sequence.

A Workaround that sometimes work is to delete the Device, Save and Restart QLC! But this works only sometimes!

The hardest thing i had: Deleting 2 Devices from a Sequence, Save and Restart QLC. The 2 devices are gone. Restart Windows, all ok too. But next day after power on the 2 devices are back in this sequence...

The same Error occures, when i delete a "function" in a sequence. For example: I use Tilt, Pan and Shutter - Later i want to remove Tilt and Pan - Same problem like deleting a device. After editing someone else, the tilt and pan is selected again!

Regards,
CoS
siegmund

Hey CoS,

please provide a sample qxw file and the exact steps to reproduce.

Thanks!
siegmund
CoS2000

Hi,

i found a way to reproduce it - Make a Sequence with 1 Device. Copy this Sequence and add another device to the copy - After that both Sequences have 2 devices ;-)

Same way you can reprocuce my error. Make a Sequence with 2 Devices. Copy this Sequence and delete 1 Device from the copy - After that both Sequences have only one Device ;-)

I think thats the Problem. Sometimes he changes values in the original, when changing values in copys! I think copys are not independently from originals. When you work on a show you often copy things and at the end you have produced more and more problems! At the End (because i rename the copys) i doesnt know what was copys and so you cant repair it.

I can sent you a homemade example, but its unnecessary because you can reproduce it easily by yourself!

Greetings from Germany
Last edited by CoS2000 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoS2000

Hi,

i think i found the reason for that behavior. The QXW Files are simple XML Files. When i open the Save File in a XML or Texteditor, i can see that all copys of my sequences are bound on the same hidden scene, created by QLC+. The FixtureVal is set in this hidden scene. So when i edit the FixtureVal in one of the sequence copys, it changes the FixtureVal in the BoundScene and so it changes for all copys of a sequence that are bound on that scene...

Like i say - The Copys are not independently! This is not good - It explains most Problems i had in the work with QLC+!

I've made a test:

Step 1: Make a Sequence with a moving head with all ediable values (tilt, pan, shutter and so on)
Step 2: Make a Copy of this Squence
Step 3: Save => test.qxw
Step 4: Edit test.qxw - Now i see my 2 Sequences and a Hidden Secene (Name: New Scene), at that the 2 Sequences are bound to
Step 5: Make the Hidden Scene visible
Step 6: Reload the Save with QLC - Now i see the Scene that was hidden
Step 7: Editing this Scene, edits all Sequences too - Editing a Sequence, QLC edits the Scene too, so all changes (deselect tilt und adding a device to a sequence) are made for ALL Sequences...

Its better so save all Informations to the sequence itself and dont bound it on a scene. If you absolutely need this Scene - Create a new one when a Sequence is copied and bound it to that new scene, so that all seqence copys are indipendent from their parent sequence!

Hope this helps?!

Greetings from Germany
siegmund

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this issue with the latest sources. Which version are you using?
Please try using an up-to-date version and/or a test version and report if the issue is still existing.
CoS2000

Hi,

i've made a simple test.xqw for you.

There are 2 Sequences in it. In my German Version called "Neue Sequenz 1" and "Neue Sequenz 1 (Kopie)". As you can see the second sequence (Neue Sequenz 1 (Kopie)) is a copy from Neue Sequenz 1!

In both Sequences i use 2 Devices: Color Bar 1 and Color Bar 2...

For example: Edit "Neue Sequenz 1" and delete the Device "Color Bar 1". After that, the Color Bar 1 will be deleted in all 2 Sequences, although you deleted it only in 1 Sequence!

Same Problem occures with adding a Device. After Color Bar 1 is deleted in all 2 Sequences, add "Color Bar 1" in one of the both Sequences - You will see its now added to both sequences again!

I add the test.qxw as attachment to this post...

To answer your Question:

I use QLC+ Ver. 4.11.0 on Windows 7

If you cant reproduce after testing it with my testfile - i can make a picture sequence, that shows the problem!

Greetings from Germany
Attachments
test.qxw
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
siegmund

Okay, I'm able to reproduce this with your qxw-file but not when creating and copying sequences in a clean workspace using latest sources.
Again, please try using a test version and report if it works.
CoS2000

@siegmund: I use the newest Version (QLC+ 4.11.0). The test.qxw was a new, fresh test. What do you mean with "latest sources" - Is 4.11.0 not the newest Version?

Greetings from Germany
siegmund

Latest sources mean the latest source code for QLC+. It is continuously developed and you can try them out using a test version, see this thread to download one.
Please note that it is not recommended to use a test version in a production environment.