[BUG] Saveing generated sequence from RGBMatrix

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
CollapsedMinds

Hi all,
I started to program our new lightshow using QLC+. First of all, I am impressed what is possible with QLC+.

My goal is to randomly switch on single lights of a total number of 16 channels (2 x Showtec LED Bar 8). Using RGBMatrix I generated this sequence easly.
Unfortunately, when i select one scene in the sequence and save the project, quit QLC+ and reload the project again, the DMX setting of the selected scene is integrated in the whole sequence (the remaining 15 scenes of the sequence).

I am using QLC+ 4.11.0 (tested on Windows and Arch Linux)
Reproduction steps:
1.) create a new project
2.) add two Showtec LED Bar 8 into one group in one single row (or e.g. 6 generic RGB lights)
3.) create a RGBMatrix using 'Random Single' (or any other settings)
4.) generate a sequence from this RGBMatrix
5.) select an arbitrary step of the generated sequence and save the project
6.) restart QLC+ and load the project again

Now you should see, that the DMX values of the selected scene (before saving) is integrated into all other 15 scenes of this sequence.

If you create a sequence manually, you will not find this bug.

Hopefully you can help me with this issue. ;)

Best Regards,
Dom

PS: I know that i can create a collection using a color scene and the RGBMatrix to overcome this issue, but i want to synchronise the sequence with the midi clock and the sequence should only play once.
mcallegari

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11390

Please search the forum before posting. The above was just one post before yours so it wasn't that hard to find...
CollapsedMinds

Hi mcallegari,
The issue is not exactly a duplicate.

I specified the exact reproduction steps and pointed out, that the issue has something to do with the scene of the sequence you mark before saving.

'a) the fixture will not be listed in the original order (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4)' -> the ordering is not affected in my case
'b) the values in the fixtures will have irritating values.' -> this is a very generic description, which i interpreted as an error in the generation step, like point a)

Therefore, i opended a new Thread for that. But anyway, I will give version 4.11.1.100 a try ;)

Best Regards,
Dom