Sequences at a wrong speed

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
sputnik

Hi everybody!

I'm having the following problem and I hope somebody can help me out:
My setup is basically just 6 1-channel PARs (Address 1-6) and I want to have a little sequence. The problem is the timing of the sequence. Each step of the sequence should "hold" the value for a certain amount of time (e.g. 500ms). Whenever my USB-DMX-Interface is not plugged in, everything works fine. As soon as I plug it in the sequence keeps on going, but not at the correct speed, the steps are way slower, although the value (e.g. 500ms) did not change.
I run QLC+ 4.11.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 with an Eurolight USB-DMX512-Pro Interface.

I hope somebody knows a solution
Cheers sputnik
janosvitok

Does the speed change even in DMX monitor?
What kind of computer? What is the cpu load like (run "uptime" or "top" or "htop")?
janosvitok

How did you install QLC+? "Official" build or did you build it yourself? (in that case, QT4 or QT5?)
janosvitok

This problem is most probably related to the fact that Eurolite plugin sends data synchronously (in the same thread). In other words, master timer waits for the plugin until it finishes to send the data.
Enttec USB Open plugin has separate thread, so master timer does not have to wait.

Since Eurolite plugin was based on nanodmx plugin, the same problem may happen there as well.

Jano