QLC crashing when Show in Chaser in Loop

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
luckyrudi

I need to run an automated light-installation with an audio-file on an old Macbook with OSX Lion. I am currently running QLC+ 4.5.1 and it is always crashing the 2nd time in Loop-Function when I put my show in a chaser…

Is there another way to loop a show? And what's the most stable version of QLC with OSX 10.7.5 (Lion)? Any experiences with this?

Thanks for your help!
plugz

QLC+ 4.5.1 is 4 years old, any reason why you're not using the latest QLC+ version ?
luckyrudi

For some reason the newest version was not working properly with my fixtures (a DMX servo controller) - so I went back to a version which is older - like my operating system (Lion)...
mdmayfield

I've had good results running latest QLC+ compiled from source on a 2008 MacBook running Linux... If you have the same MacBook, that thing will even run latest Windows 10 well. Pity Apple dropped support for its graphics card; I'd love to put 10.9 on there.

There have been so many bug fixes and improvement in QLC+ lately that I personally would change OS rather than have to use a version that old.
mdmayfield

Also, I suppose you could try using a collection that runs your original Chaser as a one shot, and then put that collection into another Chaser that alternates between it and a function that contains no fixtures over the length of the show.
luckyrudi

Thank you for your help! I'll try that.