wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Post Reply
ceisner
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:38 am
Real Name:

wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by ceisner » Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi Community,
I have a strange Problem with audio playback with QLC+ (4.10.5b) on macOS Sierra (10.12.4). If I import a wave file (44.1 kHz 16bit 2 channels) in Function Manager window, the file gets detected with a Bit rate of 11kb/s (should be 1411kb/s). Also the duration is wrong. I only get noise during playback.
The file was generated with Logic 9 and plays well with itunes, vlc. I also checked the metadata with bwfmetaedit. Everything is fine. Then I used ffmpeg on linux, to extract raw pcm data and generated a new wav file with ffmpeg. Even this doesn't make any difference. Strangest thing is, I also made a different clip from the same logic project, which doesn't make any trouble. Am I missing something, or is this a known bug. Can someone give me a hint.
By the way. If I remove the file from the Function List, QLC+ crashes.
Thanks in advance.

janosvitok
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:05 am
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Real Name: Jano Svitok
Contact:

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by janosvitok » Thu May 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Can you make a short wav that has this problem and attach it here?

ceisner
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:38 am
Real Name:

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by ceisner » Thu May 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello Jano,
thank you for your fast reply. I attached an example.
Attachments
Thunder.wav.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

kenact
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 am
Real Name: Ken Coughlin

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by kenact » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:33 pm

I was able to recreate the problem using the file that was supplied, but I also imported that file into Audacity, and just exported it, and the exported files, with the same details, worked properly. I ran MediaInfo against both files, and there isn't that much difference between them. I've attached a screen shot of the MediaInfo screens.
Wav error.jpg
I also brought the failing file into Cubase, and exported it. The Cubase created file has the same problem.
Wav error Cubase.jpg

ceisner
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:38 am
Real Name:

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by ceisner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:54 am

So it looks like, that there is really a bug in QLC+. I will use audacity to create the wave files until there is a fix for this.

kenact
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 am
Real Name: Ken Coughlin

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by kenact » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:22 am

I just tested the same file in version 4.11.0

It appears to have the same bug. A file that has a 1 411.2 KB/s bit rate, and has a 19s duration, shows up as a 14 KB/s bit rate, and has a duration of 47m52s820ms.

User avatar
mcallegari
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Italy
Real Name: Massimo Callegari
Contact:

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by mcallegari » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Fixed.
Please test the latest Windows test version and let me know if everything is working properly now.

kenact
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 am
Real Name: Ken Coughlin

Re: wrong bitrate at audio playback detected

Post by kenact » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 pm

I just downloaded 4.11.1.60, and tested the same files. They're working properly now.

I know this is a test version, so I'll wait for the next official release to put into production.

Thanks Massimo

Post Reply