Scene recall timing

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
projektil

This may not be a bug, but I observed a strange timing behaviour when calling a scene. Maybe it´s a feature ;)

To be sure, I reduced and cabled my setup to make things as clear and lean as possible:

Enttec USB Pro
5m cable
4x Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo (dual moving head)
2m Cable between each
Terminator in the last.
Addressing 150, 170, 190, 210

I use the pre defined fixture definitions. Everything works fine, when moving single faders or channel group faders. Quick reaction to every move, even when clicking from 0 to 255 instead of moving the fader. Tried this with an "all dimmers", i.e. 8 and it is fine.

Now when saving two scenes with just dimmer and shutter channels enabled, scene #1 "full on" scene #2 "all off", I get a visible delay when calling scene #1, the lamps light up in the exact cabling (and address) order. Switching to scene#2, "all off", however shows no such delay, perfect sync.

Now here comes the fun part: When calling scene 1 and 2 from a chaser, I get no such delay for the "full on" scene. Also, after calling that scene manually and then toggling the main blackout button, all lights go on and off simultaneously. Same thing for calling the scene from the virtual console via buttons (tried flash button as well as normal buttons in a solo frame)

It seems the delay is only introduced when calling the scene manually from the scene function manager. Which is something I can live with, but it´s still a bit odd.

Is that expected behaviour ? If yes, sorry for being new ;). If not, I´m happy to test things to narrow it down.
Freasy

Maybe you have a fade in time set in the scene? Those don't seem to work or get overridden when triggered by a chaser. So you might want to check the clock in the scene.
mdmayfield

That's what I've always seen in the Function Manager. QLC+ uses a different mechanism when calling up scenes to edit via the Scene Editor, as opposed to the normal way of triggering them in Live mode via the Virtual Console.
projektil

Freasy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am Maybe you have a fade in time set in the scene? Those don't seem to work or get overridden when triggered by a chaser. So you might want to check the clock in the scene.
The scene was created via "new scene" button with no edits but adding devices and setting levels. But I will double check.

Thanks !
mdmayfield

I still believe your issue is due to clicking entries in the Scene Manager's list of scenes to bring up lights. It's not made for that purpose; it's only meant for editing. The way to get your scenes to show up instantly and flawlessly is to create buttons or cue lists (or sliders etc.) in the Virtual Console and then trigger them from Live mode.