Video playback don't runa win10

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
edolas

Hello, I try to write in english. sorry if isn't correct.
So well, I start to use Qlc+ this march 2017 with the last version , for the interesting video time line function.
I have study the online tutorials, and I try to use this function, but in my computer don't run.
I have a windows 10 12 gb of ram and core I5 , when I create a video track for example in a cue list or in show mode, the program read the name of track, but not the time duration. and the resolution. Usually I use mp4
When i push the play i see only a black window without video.
Please I need help
Thanks
Edolas
siegmund

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't used the video playback functionality so much yet, but have you tried a different format? Because documentation says:
The supported video formats depends on your Operating System.
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/concept.html, section "video".

Regards,
siegmund
kenact

I just did a quick test with an AVI file, on my Windows 10 laptop. It worked just fine.

Ken
kenact

Had some time today, to test more of the video function.

AVI, WMV, MP4 and MPG file play in the Windows 10 Movies & TV App.

In QLC+ ver 4.10.5b, only the AVI and WMV files will play. The other file types do as edoles said, only a black window is shown. There is no audio or picture.

Something else I noticed, the files QLC+ won't play, don't display the duration, and no video file type appears to show the resolution, whether the file will play or not. Resolution, always seems to show up as 0x0.

Thanks,
Ken
OddSocks

I seem to remember having this issue at one point. If my dodgy memory serves me correctly I installed the K-Lite codex pack and that sorted it all out.

See the Q&A http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/questionsandanswers.html question 7.
kenact

Thank you for the link. I downloaded the K-Lite codex pack, and QLC+ is now able to play MKV and MP4 files.

Minor issue still exists, the resolution is still not populated, but the duration is now displayed.

Thanks,
Ken